7.18.2018

Tips for reducing kitchen waste

Q: I'm really interested in reducing kitchen waste. I am guilty of using a large amount of aluminum foil on kitchen plates when cooking meat or vegetables. Unfortunately, without a protective barrier on the baking sheet, it looks like oil, residue, etc. They just cook and make cleaning very difficult! I've been trying to switch to parchment paper because the paper is more eco-friendly and biodegradable. Tips for cooking food, then clean it afterwards? I have the impression that this will be my biggest obstacle, because I am already on board with the use of glass containers, the purchase in large quantities, the use of plastic bags in the grocery store and so on.

A: Try parchment paper or invest in a silpat, a reusable silicone coating that works very well.

Q: I have cherries that are too small to think that I can make a cherry liqueur and that I have searched for recipes. I see some who add sugar during fermentation, others who add it up to half and others who add it later. Any tips on accurate sounds or is it just a matter of taste?

A: For "fermentation time" do you mean "infusion time"? (The "fermentation" seems to indicate that you are distilling it yourself, which is complicated and illegal.) Assuming you hear "ferment", it is mostly a matter of taste, especially liqueurs. Homemade are made by infusing chopped fruits. Herbs, etc., in a premium alcohol like vodka (it's great to use something that reaches 100, because it releases more fruit flavors) and add sugar and sometimes water to cut the later test. You can try to add sugar at different times, even if you wait for the brewing process to finish to get the best idea of ​​the amount of sugar that has already entered the cherries. Do some tests and see what you prefer.

Let's block the advertising! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire