8.23.2014

Car Doctor: Tips to clean oil stain Driveway filtered

Q. My car has an oil and although I. Do not like about this leak, which parked at the entrance to my neighbor and will leave a stain I cat litter down and helped me a little, but the stain is still there. The good news is that he. For a few weeks What I can do to try to clean up the oil spill and still friends with my neighbors?

A. The best way is with a pressure washer and a commercial cleaner. Cola Creek, in fact, WD-40, flat household cleaners like Dawn: Some homeless people have sent me the remedy over the years. I recently spoke with someone who swears by a mixture of water and Woolite. This usually requires a little detergent and then rinse and repeat if the stain is still there.

Nitrogen in tires

Q: What do you think about using nitrogen in car tires think? I recently had my car serviced and offered an air filled tire rotation and nitrogen for $ 49.95. The dealer suggested that nitrogen also improve the gas mileage of my car. What do you think?

A. Nitrogen is used in racing for years and has several advantages. The loss of air pressure of up to 5 percent per month is normal for most tires. Nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules, and are less likely to "bleed" through the tire therefore. Furthermore, it was shown that the pure nitrogen cause less degradation of the rubber with time. As nitrogen alone will not improve the fuel consumption, but keep your tires properly inflated vehicle. In my car I use plain old air, the 78 percent nitrogen, and it's free.

Pulling greens wheels

Q. My car wash has recently chrome wheels and the car, I noticed that the wheels turned green. I tried to clean it with a wheel, but without success. What should I do?

A. Chrome Wheels green when wheels are cleaner, cleaned the acid. To clean the wheels, use soap and water or a wheel cleaner that is safe for all wheels with wheels with a painted surface. , To make the wheels of the car again, try a wheel cleaner and polish. I've had people tell me that mothers metal polish brand Powerball and work well.

Sound Splash

Q: I have a Chrysler Sebring Convertible has a sloshing sound when cornering. Sounds like water. Is there a leak in the vehicle, since it's a convertible?

A. The problem is probably due to the deposits accumulated in heating / ventilation. Clean the drain tube and replace the cabin air filter should solve the problem.

According doors

Q: I have always changed my own oil and when oil lubricate the joints or change white fat. House flutter when I open the doors. Why the hinge to make noise when properly lubricated?

A. This may be a case of too much of a good thing. Most cars only need a small amount of lubricant to ensure smooth operation of the door. Remove excess lubricant and roles camshaft to lubricate the joint and the bearing in the box role. This should make the task of door hinge properly.

Ford Sync Problem

Q: I have a Ford tipper practically live. One feature I liked was that had the Ford Sync system in it. The problem is that it works very well. The sound quality is poor, and the steering wheel does not always work. Our fleet mechanic scratched his head and said that it was not his area of expertise. What do you suggest?

A. There were several problems with the Ford Sync system that must be fixed with a software download. Visit the Ford Sync site for information and updates. I have not driven a Ford press car in a while, but the last time I did I let the frustration of system synchronization.

Jean-Paul is AAA Car Doctor CarFacts®. He has over 30 years experience in the automotive industry and is ASE Master Certified Technician. It is questions of repair and maintenance of readers answer every Saturday car. Write a Car Doctor, Features Department, the Providence Journal, 75 Fountain Street, Providence, RI 02902nd Or e-mail you cars@providencejournal.com . Be sure to put "Car Doctor" in the message field. The answers are in a section of the future cars. Saturday morning at 9, Juan Pablo melody AUTODOCTOR wrolradio.com . Follow him on Twitter / johnfpaul or friend on Facebook / mrjohnfpaul .

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and read it on another site, please read the FAQ fivefilters.org/content-only / faq. php # publishers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire