11.25.2014

Put Old School Tips to save money test

My grandmother said a lot of things I do not agree entirely, especially when it came to modern ways and stubbornness of youth. Especially my ways and stubbornness!

But it was still in its budget for a penny pincher Keen, the prudent management of money. Now I have two children and a house, I wondered whether my late grandmother's tips for saving money could help us to economize. So I gave her short money wisdom to the test ...

You can clean anything with vinegar

I do not like cleaning, so rare. But when I finally took a sponge, I want to make the experience as simple as possible. So I bought the most expensive chemical cleaners on the market, hoping they explode dirt and just to give I have a quick wipe.

(Copyright: REX) (Copyright: REX) But that means that I spend 2- £ 3 a bottle of chemicals, where my grandmother to buy a cheap bottle of vinegar. His house was incredibly clean, but she did most of vinegar, baking soda, and sometimes a lemon. Today distilled white vinegar economic costs 44p to potentially save me more than £ 1.50 the same amount of cleaning solution if you are somewhat diluted.

Did this work? They can vinegar to clean floors, bathrooms, the window according to the World Wide Web. I used the lens inside my window and bathroom clean, and the result was bright and clean surfaces without vinegar smell. However, there was another ingredient needed - elbow grease.

My arms were aching by the time ended rub; it certainly made a splash of chemicals easier. But it was safer for my children and animals, and much cheaper.

A fool and his money ...

My grandmother also say that a fool and his money are soon parted - and this is the case when it comes to cleaning with vinegar.

I found some stores with ethical cleaning solutions only mixed vinegar with water, but at the same price we pay for a cleaner made. It is only vinegar - Mach pay you worry no more, for Vinegar "cleaner" worry!

[ How the world without costing the earth travel ]
[ No money? No problems: How to reduce the cost of obtaining Fit ]

Make Do And Mend

This is not only common sense of the old school, it is incredibly fashionable now to get your needle and repair or make clothes. The success of The Great British Sewing Bee and the UK Kirsty Allsop hand shows the popularity of the fashion house.

But I do not want a table cloth or curtain very nice - I wanted to save money. So I decided to correct some money-saving techniques to try too damn socks and "make a necklace on a t-shirt (which is where the collar is removed and stitches in reverse to hide worn cleavage).

It was a disaster. The stitching on the collar of my husband was so small we could not unpack and just hacking out - there was no point even trying to put it on again, so there was painting the children like an apron.

(Copyright: REX) (Copyright: REX)

Socks with holes in my hands together, and the areas that I managed to fix where potholes and raised, and gave me a bubble when a mood of my failure throw me away.

With socks, maybe I would have done better if they were more expensive, have to start with - say my grandmother "buy cheap, buy twice".

But maybe if I do. Stitch whore and an event or actually spent some time with it, then, that I save my sewing skills some money A good quality shirt cost £ 20; To throw Shame, because it carried a little around the neck.

[ tips and tricks to pay less for restaurant meals ]
[ Is online shopping really as profitable as we? ]

Never pay the asking price

My grandmother was a firm believer in the bargain. Although he Supermarkets in the comfort of their age, they were not there when she was a young mother and she made a big part of their purchases with small independent retailers in which they haggle until he was offered a better deal.

Today seems less likely to haggle - finally, a cashier at most street shops have not the power to change the price. However, I had a bit of haggling online success.

I recently bought seven Christmas gifts from the same shop online and sent is open for a discount so much I have to ask. They knocked 10% off; My grandmother would have been proud (he once told me that the internet to your course).

(Copyright: REX) (Copyright: REX)

Do not Lose, I do not want

My grandmother could cook a fabric scraps from the dinner yesterday, that was an incredible talent. She took the leftover meat and a new dish uneaten food served again until you have eaten and no fruit or vegetables has never left the decay without booed at a nutritious soup.

She writes to grow in the war; although he grew up on a farm where the food was relatively abundant.

I do not think these skills and food waste is to have at home a constant source of guilt. The Love Hate Waste website Food assume that the average family with children £ 700 takes value edible food each year; more than £ 50 per month.

But even though I have the skills to my grandmother, I have internet. Thanks to resources such as Love Food Hate Waste perfect party tool that changes the lives of four NHS Meal Planner , I can save money, reduce waste, and try many new recipes.

Love thy neighbor

My grandmother believed in the municipality; he would to pop to the neighbors for tea, bring their tanks and their cats only hunt in your garden when you were not looking.

Today we see much less all our neighbors, but we can still save money when we get to know them better.

My community is watching the creation of a system of neighborhood, we need to keep all the money in our household insurance. Many insurers offer discounts for apartments in surveillance systems, but also those who do not tend to see clearly crime reduction. This reduces the number of applications to reduce premiums and help in this area fall.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and to read on the Web site of another person, please read the FAQ on fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php #publishers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire