1.11.2016

It & # 39; In order thin leave time your clothing s

Every year is the same: Sometime around the New Year, I open my closet and immersed in, decided to make a lot of things that I throw never wear, giving way to a new wardrobe super-chic, very adult will the world know what kind of woman I am. A few hours later, I find myself with a huge stack of promotional T-shirts, skirt, and at least nine pairs of jeans, they have accumulated somehow, I think Mission: Accomplished .. Then I think back to my closet and find some still drunk way. Every year, in fact, seems to be more luxury - not with a new, super-chic wardrobe brand. That I finally understood not until last year that there is a type of clothing that I had never, never thought, to throw. But it was time. I had to leave the thin clothes.

Thin clothes are not going to reject a problem not only for the people. Everyone has at least one element that does not fit at all, but one day be adapted if ... If what? Thin clothes are the things that we want to bring a problematic future, when our bodies transform. Size is the most common factor: to take the dress £ 20 now. But he is not alone. In my own closet, I found things like the dress I'll use if my breasts are small, jeans, I'll try again when my ass is round, and to top that once my shoulders not only look good, they are so far.

Thin Clothing is magical thinking. That's why we continue to buy them, and that's why we can not exclude. Leave this item is radically to embrace in this body, in this moment, and realize that the shoulders no longer without a wand. I preach positivity body for more than two years, and it took almost as long to recognize the little skeleton in my closet.

Then I found another: My clothes are not so thin. These are the changes that no possibility of my stomach, the old, loose button-down that had made my arms look thinner hide, and a nice dress to wear to the wedding and makes breathing easier. God help me if I. A stain on it If so, then I do not know - I think it would be just to go for the wedding?

When asked this question, there was only one answer: hell not radically embraced my body, shoulders, buttocks slightly rectangular .. But every time I open my closet to find the right clothes that do not fit the body, or to hide purposes only, I communicate a message of rejection to me. even at a basic level This was the last bastion of my old life - and had to go. It was sad? Yes. Let us all sad. But to do this I was finally make room - no new fancy clothes for a new appeal to me - but for that, I, at last. She is the only one that I have, and a dress that fits you deserve.

If you are willing to roll up their sleeves and get rid of that (are you i promise) little clothing, has everything you need to do to open the cabinet, select an item and ask yourself some basic questions. Repeat. Ultimately, you may end up with lots of items that pass the test. Or you may end up dealing with an empty closet and a little shopping. You will not end up with a new fabulous, but you still need? She has a nice ass, but imaginary. Your ass is better because it is real.


The draft Anti-Diet
is a consecutive series of intuitive eating, sustainable fitness, body and positivity. You can follow my journey on Twitter and Instagram
aumskelseymiller or #antidietproject (hashtag Ant times their own speed, too!). You wonder how it all began? Check the entire column here. You have to tell your own story? Send me a box kelsey.miller@refinery29.com. If you just want to say hello, that's fine, too.

Photographed by Lauren Perlstein, hair and makeup Andi Yancey; Designed by Bethie Girmai.

Start Slideshow

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is to read your content and on the website of another person, please read the FAQ on fivefilters.org/content-only/faq .php # publishers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire