10.14.2015

The complicated controversy over whether maids should be amended

The tip controversy confusing maid.

Last week I wrote about a new study, which found that travelers are stingy about tipping the staff. He found that only half of us tip the maid more.

Wow. This story has a vigorous defense of several readers who advanced and a person with a single failover policy provokes.

Dear traveler: First, why customers to help pay for an employee? It is their work that they were hired. I turn is offline. We are already paying a good price for the hotel room, and then a tip for the maid and towels is a bit much. Moreover, we have no contact with the staff. I think it is the responsibility of the hotel to pay their employees. Customers are already helping with just staying at the hotel -. Scam

Dear Dimed: There is no rule that you can then do to the top by all means, if you do not believe in it. But my thought is that changing a maid is not much money. It is manners.

Dear traveler: I am one of the 51% showing on his housekeeper. I have just returned from Las Vegas last week, and every morning before I left the room a tip. If it's a good night for the slots and tables, which had otherwise been $ 5, I left $ 2 - Share the Wealth

Estimated wealth: A person who win or lose luck generously throughout his life.

Dear traveler: Too many companies expect their employees to assist me with my advice instead of wages. Acronym advice (to guarantee the prompt service) has developed in all of them by hand or vessel in the research councils. My turning point was a Tip Jar in a Dunkin Donuts. And then? Of course! I do not mind tipping an employee who provides services beyond expectations. I tend to time itself.

But what makes it even worse if any provide income security in a service industry that expected of me and call me a miser, if I decide not to be reasonable participate.-

Cher reasonable: the point of exhaustion: It may be onto something. I would simply say that the cleaning of the hotel rooms someone a thankless task anonymous task worthy of a traditional wedding while taking 30 seconds to pour a cup of coffee does not.

I'm sure there is Dunkin Donuts employee to be heard at any time.

Dear traveler: On behalf of all who are moved by personal and professional reasons, when a hotel charges over $ 200 a night, you should be able to pay their staff themselves and not be ashamed, let us for any consultation of those who while with our stay come into contact.

Instead of telling us how to change the staff, as it would suggest that we the privacy sign on the door all night cleaning people do not enter the room and not cleaned every day. Then we have to feel guilty for not ever not tip. The hotels are often incredibly greedy -. Spending My Room

Dear Captain: You may be able to justify really not paying $ 2 per day for a hotel room the woman be a sign of privacy wears in the door for four days straight, but if you let someone still to clean her room and her four days of grime.

Dear traveler: I consider myself a good tipper, when it comes to service. I have no problem with a touch of 20% if the service is good and the problems are not the fault of the server. I take offense to the "daily rate" extra in hotels when I travel. I consider this just another scam created by the hotel owners to increase their profits, because companies do with luggage and seat upgrades.

I will always tip generously when resort fees are not included me. Otherwise, leave the station owners shared the profits with their employees. I have already paid for -. Feeling squeeze

Dear Squeeze: Yours may be the most astute observation: as a guest of the hotel with printing extra charges for parking, Wi-Fi, use of the pool or mist "subsistence", which request the customer, is less or give any instructions? I have yet to see any studies, but someone in the hospitality industry should be investigated.

If it proves to be true, please call suggesting that this player and the benefits of installing additional charges, its employees, including those who work hard, share anonymous maids.

Contact Detroit Free Press Travel Ellen Creager in ecreager@freepress.com.

Read or share this story: http://on.freep.com/1Lu3cwl

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is to read your content and on the website of another person, please read the FAQ on fivefilters.org/content-only/faq .php # publishers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire