10.23.2015

Tips for cleaning dirty shoes like new again

Dear Answer Angel Ellen: I went hiking in my expensive tennis shoes, and they were covered with mud. (I know it was stupid, but I have no other shoes with me.) I let the dry mud, trying to scrub with a nail brush, but it always seems terrible. What can I do?

- Coleen

Dear Coleen: Throw in the washing machine with some old towels (if the shoes do not touch there). Use cold water and a gentle cycle. Gunks washing powder to use cash. You are better off, the first cords, tie them together and throw them on shoes, but the ultimate. Allow it to dry shoes air. Like new. Usually the plants are removed, but forgot a few times to do without bad results. They do not ask, but if you have your rubber car mats and muddy, (top rack, regular wash) can be washed in the dishwasher.

And one more question Shoe ...

Dear Answer Angel Ellen: to black, my foot to bear My favorite story all day in shoes, and you can see the white areas. You can not be corrected, and it would be absurd, a lot can be done in a shoe repair place will have to pay. Is there a cheaper solution? (And no, I can not buy another pair. They were dropped.)

- Clairie

Dear Clairie:. Yes A permanent marker like a Sharpie fill these spots. I have Sharpies and permanent fabric markers to heavily worn worn hand-me-downs to fill the places of oriental rug with great success, and the same for the cuts in my pocket. With regard to the search for duplicates of shoes, it's a long shot, but someone a new pair discharged or used with caution in eBay or other resale sites could be used.

Dear Answer Angel Ellen: These cleaning brushes or batteries are safe and effective for older women to use?

- Megan R.

Dear Megan: Unless your skin is very sensitive, should not fear the use of brushes. I tested an expensive model against one that I bought at the pharmacy and found no significant differences. That said, I do not see much difference in my skin when I brush so I'm human touch again: Two hands work very well. If you take the leap from the brush, there are hordes of online comparisons. One thing that I've discovered is that with them too often, you can make your skin firmer and mistreated.

Dear Answer Angel Ellen: I keep getting pop-up ads for these devices $ 25 "tiles" that you put on your keychain, or on your mobile phone or work ID or anything attached to you in finding the / it. Do they work?

- Kerry Anne

Dear Anne Kerry: Yes, it works, but it takes only one or two years and can not be replaced, the battery, then you should buy a new one. In addition, they only work up to 100 meters from the task that you are looking for. If you. A product that I hope Apple knows who the Find My iPhone app It works great and is free. I use it twice a day to find my phone - which is buried in a rule in my pocket. Too bad it does not work on my TV remote control.

Dear Answer Angel Ellen: I like wearing scarves, but I want to know how to tie them.

- No idea

Dear No Clue: A scarf is the best way to motivate a team so-so. There is no wrong way to force. Just hang around the neck works well. But if you want to get fancy, there is enough to last a lifetime youtube.com video. They also show how to transform a (big) shawl in a dress, I tried not recommend it - unless you're dressed fully under her dress scarf. Yes, I have and regret. You know the phrase "wardrobe malfunction?" Well, I am a founding member of this club.

Angelic Players

For EKN, the huge bills is dry cleaning to rid their garments in the stale smell of normal body odor, recommended body PG crystal deodorant toilet can in health food stores as a pale and be found online (amazon.com), spray and roll -on. Added use, he said, is for young people (and others) with smelly feet and shoes, "What a miracle! Keeps feet smell at night. If your shoes are stinky, sprinkle with it. It takes the smell right including sandals, and is safe and natural. "Carol C. likes Dryel. "You throw a sheet in the dryer with clothes, cool, dry and sweet, will need to heat for a few minutes. You are entitled to an object several times before, to bring a trip to the cleaners." Find in stores such as Target stores and grocers. And here's a simple suggestion, Mary C. and Sandra B. After each use, the underwear hanging in the night outdoors or in a place with good air circulation inside.

Reader Rant

We traveled the country a large part of the summer. If you are in a good restaurant, most of the younger guys seem burns, wash clothes the car or mowing the lawn. Most women are well groomed and dressed. The problem is the difference in appearance between the sexes. If I thought it was hiding the car keys to my wife.

- Vince S.

Dear Vince: In my travels I have a lot of women in the most beautiful places that are just as bad to see. Dressed like a tramp is not limited to the male sex of the road.

Now it is your turn,

Send your questions, rants, tips, favorite finds - on style, shopping, makeup, fashion, beauty - to answerangelellen@gmail.com.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is to read your content and on the website of another person, please read the FAQ on fivefilters.org/content-only/faq .php # publishers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire