11.12.2015

Q-Tips are bad for your ears? You should probably stop trying to clean your ears at home

In the process of moving to a new state, I tell my friends that the first thing I bought when I installed it a Q-Tips package, because I do not stand the feeling of a moist inner ear after showering. One of them stopped me in mid-sentence to tell me to stop using the cleaning tool always wonderful, and why? Because of the rumors, Q-Tips are really bad for your ears. Believe me, I'm just shocked that you are, so I decided to do some research.

The argument of my friend gave me was that the Q-Tip actually push dirt behind the ear canal instead of particle detection at the end of soft cotton. My friend is not a doctor (if pre-MED), so I wanted to rather odd to explore the application more.

Sure, I've heard that cleaning of the ear spider and yes, my washed my doctor ears, but these techniques are not very practical for everyday use. As much as I want, I can not get a candle in the ear after every shower, and I want to reach a doctor on hand to refer to free earwax ear "dirt" that I choose (She makes a Q-Tip at this point, right?)

Douglas MD Backous told The Huffington Post that the earwax is actually. Need to protect After Backous, it helps to keep dirt and dust from the eardrum and hearing allows essentially "clean". According to Dr. Stephen Rothstein, an ear, nose and throat at NYU Medical Center, the wax is a problem when it hardens into the ear canal, which. To a blockade

Esthetician Joanna Vargas Into the Gloss says that a Q-tip can be harmful if misused. Picture Hannah burst eardrum in girls. The improper use, explains Backous indeed not push the earwax further back in the ear, in areas that are not clean and fungi causing virus or ears stuck.

The best way to clean your ears is the subject of debate. Backous recommended stop cleaning the ears completely. He recognized the man (read: me). The need to clean the ears, but said that while having a "cycle of itching and nothing," Backous said created when you have the need to continue with Q Counsels, use them to make them feel the outside of the channel can not access the channel.

Rothstein also advised the hiring process for ear cleaning whole house and exclusively to clean a physician to consult the ear.

If you still feel the need to continue to clean their own ears, Backours recommends adding a few drops of white vinegar mixture DIY tap water and alcohol in each ear.

Also, remember that I could not keep my nail my ear while writing this piece.

Want more beauty tips? Watch the video and make sure to subscribe bustle YouTube page for more hacks and tips!

Photos: Getty Images, Giphy (2)

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is to read your content and on the website of another person, please read the FAQ on fivefilters.org/content-only/faq .php # publishers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire