5.07.2014

Franchise Player: Play the game long franchised cleaning and restoration

Franchise Players Q & A is the column of the interview the employer that focuses on the franchise. This Week in Spring, franchisees with profiles in the business of "spring cleaning" grounded. If you share a franchise business with advice and tips on e-mail are ktaylor@entrepreneur.com .

Ondieki David. In the way of his current success as a Rainbow International franchise since his arrival in the United States from Kenya in 19 years Less than a year after the arrival began his country Ondieki cleaning service. Ten years later, he joined Rainbow International franchise. Today it is one of the best franchise, as well as a brand ambassador. That's what I learned during the trip.

Name: David R. Ondieki

Excess property (rank): I have a cleaning franchise, Rainbow International Restoration of Tarrant County and southern Dallas County, Texas.

How long have you owned the franchise?

I have this franchise since 2003.

Related: Franchise Player: With endless mosquitoes, the work of this franchise is not

Why Franchise?

In early 2003, I realized I needed to grow my business in the restaurant. At the same time, if I do not know much about the recovery. At the same time, I had to maintain and grow a business that I sell or rent my own children, that's where I am., The idea of the franchise

What you have before he do a franchise owner?

I started my business as a carpet cleaner in 1987, when I went to college. After I graduated in 1991, I decided it's something I wanted to pursue full-time, so I joined my company in 1996.

Why did you choose this particular franchise?

I asked the usual suspects: Servpro, butler service and Rainbow International. After reviewing the bids, I was not with the size of the areas where impressed by the other two, so I decided to visit Waco bow. The experience was great; I have learned about the Christian values that were important to me. As it would be a long-term commitment, I had to make sure he was okay.

How do you estimate before you officially spent open for business?

My situation was that I was already in the industry a little unique, so I had a lot of equipment. I would say an additional $ 50,000 including franchise fees past me. The rest was funded by the Dwyer Group.

$ 20 - $ 25,000 in franchise fees under $ 20 to 25.000 in the purchase of equipment for me. But as a start-up, the whole team could run up to $ 150,000 and additional operating cash flow.

Where most of his consulting / did most of his research?

My advice was just my own experience and the information that I received from Rainbow.

: Related Franchise franchise player last sense, no validation

What were the unexpected challenges of opening your franchise?

The biggest challenge is always present due to the nature of the payments industry. Payments are sometimes 90 days. Recruit and retain qualified employees can be difficult, because it takes time to form and then to leave, but it is a recurring problem. It is the problem of competition for do also.

What advice would you people who want to own your own franchise?

Franchising is a great way to start a business without solely on their own experiences and image. Be very careful and do plenty of research. Talk to other franchisees in the concept of the two who made and those who do not have a complete picture. That is to enjoy your life for a while, so be sure what is about to begin.

What is for you and your business?

We hope to continue to expand our services and maybe buy a new franchise of related services.

: Related Franchise Player: The former housewife and mother takes Franchise Home Inspection

Kate Taylor is a staff writer for Entrepreneur.com.

Loading the player ...

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and read on the website of another person, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org / content / faq.php # publishers only.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire