10.27.2017

Lift up your room! Tips for parents of children with special needs

No panic

Are you nervous when you say to clean your child to his room? The mere thought of my kids to clean their room, is a task in itself! We all know what happens next ... complain, cry, denying that it is still a mess. My kids both have special needs, so cleanliness is not their specialty. As for the room of my children gave me nightmares that my house one of the houses to make the hoarders appear in television programs. Even if "yes" looks to clean your room quite regularly, you can not just make a very good job. to have frustrated distracted or overwhelmed to make decisions, to be for most of us to the second nature. If there is enough, and I can not bear to see at the fair more I declare war, and the three of them clean. Through these numerous expeditions to find the ground, I've learned a few tricks that the process will help make it easier for them and take the results longer.

07ee692628286297f3f1bfbef37ec9f1ef76a3d8.jpg

Techniques that work!

1. Cleaning time or if the concentration level is cardroom your child at its peak, and you can really feel effective. My children have both ADHD, so choose a time when your medicines work better. Even if your child does not choose attention problems, a time of day that works for them, will give you the best results. I have also found that children who put on a daily schedule where the time is assigned to a task (such as cleaning the room) reduces the daily struggle with the mother how unfair it is to clean up their own. Psychology is the calendar says it is the task at the time, no mother, so mom is only the executor of the Almighty program. Most children like routine, if it works in my favor.

2. Dear brothers and sisters! Separate your My boys are struggling with the toy and that's where you should go and who should do what in charge in the room. To avoid argue all this nonsense and I separate them. Every child should "clean up" to the atmosphere for 15 minutes, without the other in the bedroom. I tell them, I will come to see your progress after 15 minutes and I have with the amount of work they have done to impress. If not impressed (though not shown as they did 15 minutes. From the work), they have to work for 5 minutes, and I'll check again. If "impressed" the first child I was, then it is the turn of the second child. This technique makes it possible to take a break every child can turn to clean two hours (if necessary) until the room is clean. This concept really works if you have two children in a room, because they like the idea that when mom the amount of work they have done is approved, the turn of another brother to work on the piece. also keeps the fight at all points, and the child can do the cleaning, make decisions without interruption.

3. Break a big mess manageable tasks. Development, it is difficult to break for children a big task into pieces. You see, overwhelmed the big picture and feel like a lot to do it, instead of thinking to be able to think about what they can do first, and the second and so on. I played the slots in line with the strength of each child, if possible. My youngest son is good store of clothes as clean dirty assignment type, and began to fall apart. When this task assigned to get you so far from his brother clothes. My oldest son is to store good for toys and games, then assign this task. When he meets his brother's toys, but also needs to store. If these tasks are done, I switch to assign things like restoring the library to pick up trash and vacuum.

4. Enter each child a box / only for certain things "their". The fight for what is in the room is endless, but every child with a tray easily helps your stuff to keep separate elements and helps carefully to preserve a sense of identity in a common area. I limited to keep recently, only the amount of toys my children that snaps into a compartment. Ironically, they did to me, I do not fight after stipulating that the Xbox and controllers must match the trash! This will also reduce the amount of clutter to be cleaned the next time.

House cleaning intervention

If your child's room is found in the phase of full procedure, there are two ways to treat it. Choose a day that you can spend the whole day in the room from top to bottom with the cleaning or get out of your hair and do it yourself. If I tell my children that the mother is your room with them cleaning, they will immediately promoted. You are getting longer work with me, and remain in his best work when I'm there to help give direction and to make suggestions as to where to put several things. Another thing we do together is to look through closets and drawers and decide what things they no longer need. He prevailed the last time I cleaned the room together, after two large containers follows old toy estimated another tray broken toy, and also eliminates a large bag of clothes, all with their blessing!

should decide if you attack the children clean themselves, it is obvious that the room will save a lot of decisions to make room, but can make your choices at the end of the question and ask how they manage their children their return. I plan for me this work and could take two large containers of old toys, do not miss the children themselves or ask for, so I was lucky. Some children placed with missing little things. I think it's best to ask your child how they feel about their rooms. Most children can tell if it completely overwhelming for them and they need you to handle, or if your help would be appreciated, but wants to remain involved in the process. to give them the choice is a smart way to help them feel in control manner, but still face the fact that the room is cleaned.

Think of the interview!

Needless to say, the room cleaning children, when his left a lot of work too long. If you and your child have regained control of his bedroom, the goal now is to keep the space into a manageable condition. The creation of a program of chamber cleaning or routine small space to keep things held is one way to do this, and makes it easy.

So why do we go through all the trouble? to have a clean room one of the best reasons for the children and help your own room is clean, that it teaches cleaning, organization and maintenance skills as adults need. It also teaches responsibility, and that not everything in life is fun, but it is still important!

This message comes from the team today Parenting community in which all members are invited to publish solutions for parents and discuss. As more and visit us ! Because we all are together.

Let you us block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire