12.13.2017

"Insert sample" to clean text editing text

If you already had a lot of text characters with strange tongues everywhere, for example, or a lot of jumps repeat sales then you have to check TextEdit friendly things as it cleans. This feature'll also allows you to search for models, if you find so "[Tab] [paragraph break] [star] [numbers]," they need that you can do. I know you will not believe it but it is true that the things that happened to me that they have used TextEdit to find something very similar to the previous in a file of 500 pages. Yes, my job is rare. But often very funny.

To enjoy this, first open TextEdit, of course. Then add in the text that you want to clean; Here, then, contains a large amount of chips my example document that I do not want there.

TextEdit documents with tabs that must be found and eliminated

I work until 87 years TMO. You might think it would be better to write things for my screenshots.

Anyway, once the files for the cleaning is done, you can use Command + F, press to open the "Search" or instead, you can select Edit> Find> Find on the menu bar.

Add the search bar in the document window text editing in the Edit menu

See the toolbar appears at the top as follows:

Find the toolbar in a document window TextEdit

See the microscope called the arrow? If you click, you get a little magic menu:

Case in the toolbar search option Insert shows jogger

From here you can "ignore case" which means enable which'll text editing both "Apple" and "apple" to look at the same time, or you can search for select items that begin with the search term, for example. But the "Insert sample" highlighted option - it's what I'll talk about this trick, so choose that this is what is shown below.

The bar options combined sample search Insert jogger

Oh, I like both. To eliminate this terrible tabs displayed on the first screen above screenshot, I will select in this menu "Tab", and document TextEdit to get him.

TextEdit tabs found the pattern insert search option

When I click the check box to "Replace" ...

Find the toolbar to Casilla search and replace content TextEdit document replace

... I leave the "Replace" field (green top) in white, which is to say the equivalent of, "find all the chips and replace it with nothing." If I do that and click All ", all this fixed! See for yourself:

Replaces all tabs

If you prefer the more cautious way, you can click "Replace" instead of "all". It is found gradually and make each item one by one.

Finally, a particularly interesting feature is that you can use patterns of characters to find, rather than one at a time. What's Conjecture "Master Insert" is somehow implicit in his full name, is not it? Yes. But anyway, when you visit glass Menu Zoom and select "Insert sample" several times to add more characters, you can search for complex models and they might replace. In my example below, I decided by a tab, and a paragraph followed to find a number:

Place model to find other options to add the complicated reason

Therefore, as I mentioned at the beginning, which can be used to find really complex matter, written with words between the characters:

Look for intricate patterns of text editing, you can search and replace or delete the contents of the documents

Ah, the good old "[Tab] [paragraph break] Apple [page break] [Star] 76" research. I use it all the time.

I think it's a good idea to play with him and with how it works! An enormous amount of energy is built on a small free program. I love TextEdit anyway (I write all my advice!) But just makes it even better.

Let you us block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire