7.26.2019

I spent an hour cleaning my closet and earning $ 850 on what I did not want to do. So you can ...


When my husband and I left New York, we wanted to clean and organize our things. I knew it was time to look in my closet as there were probably items that could definitely put a few dollars into a mail-order or online marketplace to sell used items.

It took me an hour and earned $ 850. It's a Sunday morning, which I spend well in my book.

The secret? I sold them to Poshmark , an online market that describes itself as "the best way to buy and sell fashion."

He had heard of Poshmark and saw many people using it through their social networks on Facebook. This website is one of the most important e-commerce websites for the resale of clothing. So I decided to try it before.

I flipped through the items on my suspension poles and in my drawers to find that I did not need about 50% of what was hidden there. With access to all of New York's many shops and stores, it's not surprising that all those years later I had a collection of items that were definitely not worth buying.

Although I really appreciate the thrill of looking for a good buy, I knew that this dress was worn much better. It was a pretty easy decision to break with some of these articles, and I was able to quickly extract the parts that I knew would sell well online.

Then I took pictures of each item on a hanger on the wall and took additional photos of the details of the items. Then I added the price sought and the retail price with a simple description of the piece. It only took two minutes to set up each list. I was able to sell 10 items fast enough to earn $ 850.

Given that I paid about $ 1,200 for the items I originally purchased, I was able to earn a good amount of what I paid for.

I learned some important lessons. Remember, if you want to resell your clothes at some point:

  • Always accurately describe the articles and publish photos and claims information so buyers know exactly what they are buying. Buyers can only return the item if the description does not describe the item correctly. Be sure to do it.
  • Research in retail. If you want to sell an article from the current season of the designer or a particularly modern article, you may be able to get a higher price. If the currency has several seasons and is in poor condition, set them at a competitive selling price.
  • List of elements that adapt to the weather of the current season. Only a few people want to buy a winter coat in summer.
  • Send on time. This will help buyers to continue shopping.
  • Everything in your closet is not a gem. Some parts were not sold because I thought I could sell them online. Some things are just better sent to the donation stack.

Emails and notifications

The website highlights your inbox every day.

Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram .




Let us block advertising! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire