11.01.2020

DIARY OF AN ANGRY HOME WORKER - Tips for Surviving Lockdown Like a Pro

It's week 33 and I'm making little challenges to get there by December 1st, including getting my pajamas on by at least 5pm

• The change in weather brings me to a heap. Who would have thought 60 minutes could bother you? In fact, I did because the same thing happens to me every year. I also think there is no way I will have to deal with jet lag anytime soon or it would be a shame. I'll get my crotch back in a couple of days and I shouldn't be complaining, I know. The poor dog had 14 teeth in one hit last week (age) and is a good soldier. To be honest, he's probably better than me in 2020, which is why I came up with something to get through the next six weeks, which may or may not be useful for all of us. ). . Here it is ...

• Listen to music. The first title Ryan Tubridy plays after his first goal is often my lifeline. The other day it was Sugar, Sugar, and I will always be grateful for your inspired choice. Everything from Neil Diamond (except maybe Love on the Rocks) is a guaranteed funk hunter too. Same goes for Journey's Don't Stop Believin '(hold on to that feeling!). Basically all you need is blow it up, but maybe wait for people like David Gray or Radiohead until we have the vaccine.

• If you can, turn off wall-to-wall Covid messages from time to time. It is to be well informed but not to be bombed. You'll be up to date in no time, don't worry (if you miss Fair City for six months). Think of those who can't, like Miriam O'Callaghan. I often wonder what he thinks when he reads the order form at prime time and sees Sam McConkey again as the first guest. Your off-camera conversation should now be a pretty friend. "I'm not sure about this tie, Sam ..." "Well, this leather skirt is a kind of border evasion maneuver of mine.

• Don't think too much. Lockdown Two only lasts six weeks and depending on when you're reading this we already have one. What would most of us do at this time of year? I would like to say partying in New York or taking a vacation to St. Bart's, but the reality is that my life is much more routine. I know we had to adjust things to fit within 3 miles but at least schools are open. And at least this time of year, it's pretty cool to light the fire and put your pajamas on very early, especially now that no one can call. Silver lining and everything else. Bunker down and comfortable.

• When you talk about schools, think of all of our teachers, and especially our school leaders. They did a great job getting us this far and for the most part they are exhausted. They have to cut their batteries in half because they have to light all of the cylinders for us to come for Christmas.

• Spend some time alone if you can. This is essential for all the obvious reasons, the main reason is. Most of all you enjoy your time alone outdoors. Although I find it harder to lie down and scroll through social networks. For this reason, I have been building a bank with very good hiding spots in my house since March, which I obviously won't reveal here.

• Don't get completely swept away by the global pandemic. Joking aside, we all feel it: a little dejected, tired, bored and fed up until we are lonely, miserable and depressed. But tempting as it is, don't use Covid-19 as an excuse not to show up (even 80% of the time). It's like saying that Mercury Retrograde was the reason you were a little bitch if that's your usual personality. Do not wash. Be responsible and know when to move away from the refrigerator / remote control / leftovers from children.

• It can be helpful to challenge yourself. Forget about the cleaning and sorting that we all dealt with in March. Guess what? Everything has to be renewed. Life is too short, even during imprisonment. My goal was to keep the dishwasher, dryer and washing machine empty at the same time for the next few weeks. But then I remembered that it is important that the challenges are realistic and achievable. Scrape that off. I'm going to suggest something else like putting on my pajamas at least 5pm.

• Remember to laugh. I find Tadhg Fleming and his family really fun on social media (a little bit crazy too, but in a good way) but whatever makes you laugh find it and try to keep things as light as possible.

• Create opportunities that you may not have had before. So if you usually eat on your kitchen island, dine at the table and put on the right outfit. When you have a G&T, give it the full bell and whistle treatment with glass and herbs of your choice. Turn the bathroom into an "event" and use the towels you usually reserve for visitors as they won't be around for a while. Please do not post any of this on social media as this can turn into a # vomit festival during the lockdown.

• Take advantage of the An Post offer to send articles to nursing homes and nursing homes free of charge. That's really the sound of them. Even if it's just a box of chocolates, send something.

• Last but not least, keep your distance, follow the rules, wash your hands and wear your mask. And don't be an idiot and think that none of this applies to you.

Subscribe to the channel YouTube of Southern Star, click on "Like Me" on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram, to get the latest news and sports from West Cork.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire