4.18.2016

5 Tips for Spring your email box cleaning

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, flowers are blooming. Spring is officially here, others of Tennessee! And with spring comes spring cleaning perennial. I am a chronic case. I prefer to give or throw it to keep clutter before goodwill.

I feel the same about my emails. I can not stand messy drawer. So when I think about spring cleaning started, I thought about how this can be applied in our professional lives. In the past year I have some tips to manage your email inbox more efficiently. How many of us, I do not have a traditional office job. As COO of a group of restaurants, my days are quite mobile. I am often in and out of meetings and many times I have to go in an operation and directly into my car to another. During a typical day, about 75-100 simply collects emails. A A. ​​Marshall Family Foods, we use Google for business, so here are some of my favorite tips for Gmail:

1) You BAJA -. You like shit you subscribe ?? That's incredible. Try a free service like unroll.me really spring clean inbox. Emails for subscriptions is scanned and compiles them into a list. From this list, you can choose to log your "roll-up", hold in your inbox or add. His role is an email receives a daily summary of all subscriptions in a selected email. This was an absolute lifesaver for me. He continues to explore their emails per day and is an updated new subscriptions in the daily summary list.

2) Send + FILE Once you have finished answering e - mail. You can use the "E - Mail + File" use and that will automatically e - mail, surpassing away from country-file, where there are only removing search bar. If you are super organized and to keep such things presented in folders, make sure that the top brand before sending and archiving.

This is a built in Gmail. To activate it, go to Settings (gear icon in the upper right corner), half of the General tab, select "Show the button in response to" Send File + '. "Boom.

3) priority. With Gmail, you can organize your inbox in a variety of ways. The one that works best for me, is a priority function. If priority setting is enabled, you can adjust the order in which you want to be in your emails. I have my emails "Important and Unread" first so that they can be processed more quickly. You can teach Gmail what is or is not important, with small yellow tabs to the left of the post. Bonus: If the Gmail application will be organized on your smartphone or tablet that is used automatically, in the same way.

. 4) MUTE This is one of my favorite - secrets, and I always feel a little effort delicious in use. Often well-meaning my colleagues are my bow in an e-mail as a FYI. Then the conversation went without me and so on and so on. That's when I silence, a lesser-known feature of Gmail. Does not remove the thread email if you need to refer to it. Avoid simple file and updates in the land in your inbox. I let the group usually I dumb, but if they really still need me for something, send me an e-mail or via a separate text. might take advice for next time?

5) Boomerang GMAIL. This is not a built-in feature, but also integrates well with Gmail that might be good. It has two main functions: 1) You can e-mail plan will be sent at a later date, and 2) "boomerang" email after X days (or weeks or hours), if someone does not respond to you, or even if they meet , He will follow in your inbox appear as a reminder if you have not heard from anyone. lurking emails are now a thing of the past!

I swear, with these tools, I am now able to keep every day with my inbox (mostly). The only tool that I need is to answer a form of self-reaction with a selectively retained people, preferably outside my company. If anyone knows anything, please let me know @raisedbythefork!

Happy spring cleaning, all of you!

Read more Bred by Fork here:

6 reasons for which I take to women showing in South

"How do you - all of this?

I boss! To create two possibilities , one positive culture of the company

How to know - that the growing up ?

When my family restaurant prepared myself for the maternity

Claire Crowell comes Nashvillian and COO of A. Marshall Family Foods, the company behind the restaurants and Homestead Manor Puckett. You write a business - blog and a lifestyle for raisedbythefork.com . Claire is currently president of the Nashville Originals, an independent restaurant, and Vice - President of the district center - the city of Nashville. She is married to Tyler Crowell Corsair Distillery and together they have an amazing daughter, Hattie Jane, and three dogs.

Read or Share this article: http://tnne.ws/1SmGatz

We block the advertising! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire