9.18.2019

A simple, step-by-step process to clean your closet and sell your shit

Like many women, I had many reasons to delay cleaning the cabinets : I was tired; I have too much shit. If I move a shoe, the entire shelf will expire. And anyway, I could use those things someday! I was shivering in my boots, old boots that I probably had to throw away when Mercari stylist assistant Anna DeSouza came to my door, perfectly prepared to help me out of my confusion. He wears a white tank and black pants equipped with adorables Flamingo BaubleBar earrings ; So my first thought was, "Okay, it will not make me get rid of my mermaid earrings ."

What about Madewell's mom jeans with my initials embroidered on the waist? I managed to open the zipper with a little weight, but one day I would solve this problem while losing the extra pounds, right?

I wrote my entire dissertation at the university about the idea that we remember our clothes. So this clothing defines who we are. So you can imagine that I have a lot of precious things in my closet that are close to my heart, such as the 10-dollar banknote I hilariously traded on a market in Haiti with my lovely future mom , I put it on the door handle and lost a whole line, but I held some ropes and now I'm fine . It's pretty good to hang my hook in a cupboard because I'm too scared to use it in the bar and be the girl whose beads are exploding, dragging a person into an unfortunate medical emergency.

And what about the Madewell Mom Jeans with my initials embroidered on the waist? I managed to open the zipper with a little weight, but one day I would solve this problem while losing the extra pounds, right? They have been sitting in my drawer for about five months collecting dust. But Anna had other ideas and we would use the Marie Kondo KonMari method to eliminate the disorder. Anna was armed with so many ad-hoc tips that I felt comfortable throughout the process. He also has flawless organizational skills and taught me how to display my valuables on my shelves and in my closet.

In the end, not only did I bag two bags full of clothes, shoes, and accessories, but I also collected many pieces that Anna encouraged me to sell in the Mercari application , which has a clean and easy-to- use interface. Users can quickly take photos, enter design details, and publish products that subscribers can offer. Anna and I have discovered which elements have a second life and could be useful to other women.

Meghan Markle, who works with the charity Smart Works to provide people with better work wear , spoke at the launch event recently , using the idea , "When you go to your closet and say, 'OK, I make a donation,' you're stuck not in a box, which does not interest you any more, it's charity as we know it today, the community checks your closet and says, 'It was the jacket I used in the first job interview and the work of my dreams, and myself I do not need it anymore because I'm where I want to be ... But if I can share this jacket and be part of the success of another woman, it's the community. "

Thanks to Meghan and Anna, I am now convinced that every garment has its own story to tell from its journey from wearer to wearer. So I would say that this experience was positive for me. Although I may have to change my academic work, I have received some tips that I will tell you if you are interested in recycling or donating clothes .

Connected, connected, connected:

Former employee reveals 11 amazing secrets about good will

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire