8.01.2021

I made a really terrible mistake with a condom and a vacuum cleaner

How to do it is Slate's sex advice column. I have a question? Send it to Stoya and Rich here. It's anonymous!

Dear how it goes

It may be a bit outside of his wheelhouse, but it's a genre-contiguous question. Due to a series of unfortunate events (my parents announced a surprise visit 15 minutes away; desperately vacuuming and throwing away the trash can in the bathroom) I vacuumed a used condom. A very lubricious condom that has only recently been used. I have a cheap cartridge vacuum and don't know how to degrease it, bleach it, etc. I was n't even the one having fun!

- Oops!

Dear Oops,

On the HTDI crossover, which I didn't plan on before I got your letter, I asked the cleanest person I know to help me out, someone clean enough to be called A Clean Person as a job title. I'm talking about my friend Jolie Kerr , who wrote an advice column and hosted a podcast, both called Ask a Clean Person. Kerr, who also wrote the book My Boyfriend Threw Up in My Bag ... And Other Things You Can't Ask Martha , is used to giving advice, so I'm not going to interfere with his brilliant prose. She has a vision and as a fan I am grateful. I just give this to you. I beg you!

The good news here is that cleaning a canister vacuum is a very simple task; The bad news is that even if a used condom is n't used, it's incredibly dirty.

You need to know this second part to literally prepare yourself mentally and physically for the task; otherwise you will be utterly unhappy with all of this, and you really don't have to suffer here. Basically, you take the vacuum cleaner apart and clean it with a dry microfiber cleaning cloth or a slightly soapy, damp version (more details in a second).

But it's the "teardown" part that comes with some caveats: even after emptying the cartridge, which is the first step in the process, wait, no - the first step is to disconnect the vacuum! The vacuum cleaner leaves dirt, dust and hair and everything else you have vacuumed everywhere, especially on you too. Then! Wear clothing that is not afraid of getting dirty and may move outside if your facility allows, and consider wearing protective gear like rubber cleaning gloves and / or a mask, especially if you are prone to Allergies are. Maybe you have tissues close at hand when you sneeze?

As for the actual cleaning, as mentioned, things are pretty straightforward! The LW hasn't specified what brand of cylinder vacuum cleaner to clean which is lucky as this is a more useful all-round tip for cleaning a vacuum cleaner regardless of make or model - Google your vacuum cleaner + "user's manual" and online you will You will find detailed instructions on how to properly clean your vacuum cleaner and, most importantly, how to disassemble it without breaking it.

Still, I can give you the basics - your vacuum cleaner wants to be cleaned without water. In this case, use a microfiber cleaning cloth to clean the cartridge and motherboard, or it can be cleaned by hand. Soapy water. The soap in this case can be ordinary old washing-up liquid. You don't need anything fancy for the lubricant either! And don't worry if you have a vacuum that can't be cleaned with soapy water; With this microfiber cleaning cloth, which can (and should!) Be washed off after degreasing, the lubricant can be wiped off easily.

The LW asked if bleach is necessary and no, it is not. (In fact, bleach will likely void the manufacturer's warranty as well!) I think the bleach question has to do with the whole body fluid aspect of this particular cleaning job, but unless you plan on vacuuming the void, I don't think you are in this scenario need to worry about developing an STD. However, I think that this is a time when wearing these rubber gloves House is a doubly good idea for security reasons.

Dear how it goes

My wife and I have been married for six years and have been together for eight years. At the beginning of our relationship, as in many new relationships, we had sex quite a lot. The sex was amazing, we had it a lot and she had little orgasm problems. Once we're engaged, we get used to the "routine" of conjugal sex pretty quickly. For the first few years we had sex once or twice a month, which I thought was normal, although I was definitely ready for more. After we had our children, we had a pretty solid routine in our relationship. Not just sexually, but also emotionally. We didn't communicate well and things were at an all-time low. Then in early 2020 we decided we were fed up with not signing up and started using " conversation starter boards" for couples to try and get things back on track. It was more than a success. Nous nous sommes connectedés d'une manière that nous n'avions pas eue depuis des années, nous étions de nouveau synchronizes les uns avec les autres, étourdis d'amener les enfants au lit afin that nous puissions parler davantage to be together.

However, one of the cards asked a question, "What were you afraid of admitting to your partner?" With a great sense of nervousness, he replied, "I faked all the orgasms I had with you." You never made me come She expected me to react angrily, but I sat in a kind of stunned silence. I sat and thought about how I would fake multiple orgasms at once when we were together and realized that I was only doing it so as not to hurt my ego. The truth is, he wasn't angry at all. I was grateful that he told me, but it really made me sad that I failed him in this area. After further discussions over the course of a few weeks, we had even more in-depth discussions about it. She admitted that she had never had an orgasm from a man and that the truth was that she wasn't really interested in sex. Much of this comes from body awareness issues (your words) and a general malaise around the subject. She admitted that she had never been comfortable with anything sexual and that in general she never wanted to have sex. For her, "making my husband happy" was always something and it was more about getting off the marriage list than having fun.

However, since we had reached a climax in our relationship, communication, and mutual attraction, she accepted that we could work on it. I took it upon myself to win to be a better lover, open up to what it means to be a better partner, and learn more about what it takes to make her comfortable enough with me to enjoy sex. And I mean, I've been there EVERYTHING: I bought several books on the subject, from Comes as You Are , She Comes First, and Mating in Captivity . I devoured podcasts, TED talks, blogs, anything I could to educate myself and better understand sex from a woman's perspective. In my opinion, it was my mistake that she wasn't comfortable enough to share this with me sooner and learn to be there for her.

Your response to this has been overwhelmingly positive. She told me that she was lucky to have a partner who accepted that admission so well and was ready to improve so much. It was an amazing achievement for me to see how difficult it is for a woman to enter this room compared to a man. We started exploring things. He could feel his stress on the subject subside. Things were starting to get better. We tried new things, sex was a little more common, and I felt like things were going in the right direction.

So ... March 2020. It fell off a cliff with everyone else. To be honest, we wouldn't have survived if we hadn't seen our relationship transformation just three months earlier. Sex was abandoned as I sure have many parents. The stress of working from home, the pandemic, forest fires and everything in between has set us back a lot. We spoke again and the relationship is strong. But at the end of 2020 she said to me, "I can't or don't want to have sex right now. I don't know when I'll have it. I know you need it, so I don't" want it. "Take it off, but I do know I'm not really sorry so my concern is one thing: turning you off. And there we are. Let's check something on the list one more time for her, the kind of sex I would never return to. Any advances we've made in the sexual realm (even though they were small) were wiped out. Finally, I wasn't drawn to the idea of ​​having them ... I tried to go back to the card games that worked for us before, and even bought new ones but to no avail. At this point I hit a wall in this area. How can I help her break that barrier enough to be ready to try? She got the idea, this way to even start all over again, completely discarded Always condemned to this one-sided sex? Can I still motivate them to improve this part of our life?

- in a routine

Expensive in a routine

I noticed a book that wasn't on your reading list: Angela Chens As: what asexuality reveals about desire, society and the meaning of sex . It's good and I think everyone should read it, but I mention it to you because it may have something to do with your current situation. His wife kept telling him that she was not interested in sex. That, in my opinion, at least suggests the possibility that he's asexual. I don't call this a diagnosis, but something to consider. Maybe you ask him? If he doesn't even have the vocabulary to answer this question, suggest they read Ace together. Like your decks, it can at least stimulate conversation.

To backtrack a little, let's say you are asexual. Do you see how generous it was? She has selflessly taken one for her partner for years. Only for you has she engaged in behavior in which she is not interested. I understand that you don't want to have one-sided sex (being in the grip of mutual desires is part of the goal), but imagine that from your point of view. Imagine what it is like to have one-sided sex when you are the one who isn't. It's pure work that leaves her complaining, like a volunteer mechanic tinkering under the hood of a car that doesn't get her anywhere.

Your commitment is commendable. If more men were so willing to learn how to (theoretically) please a woman, then on the one hand we would get fewer letters in their column. But if he doesn't like sex, there is nothing you can do to make him do it. They are learning a language that they do not speak. If it only took good intentions to get what we wanted, no one would have to get up in the morning (certainly a more attractive setting when you have someone who wants to be with you).

Again, I can only theorize where your wife is going. You can try to clear it up (but don't force or bother her as she has already done enough for you in this area). You should at least prepare for a future where no matter what label she gives you, she will never enjoy sex. Could you stay in this relationship? Could you find an open arrangement that would allow you to stay in a relationship with her while you seek sex that makes you feel desired? This could be the kind of commitment you need.

Help us keep giving us the advice you dream of each week. Sign up for Slate Plus now .

Dear how it goes

I'm a straight woman in my 20s who recently started seeing "Brian". So far we've had two great dates and we've said we really love each other. So far, physical contact has been limited to a few intense love sessions. I feel a strong connection and I really believe there is a relationship possibility here and I know it too. Next week I'm going to another city to visit relatives and while I'm there I'll see my ex "Tom". Our relationship was fun but not particularly serious and ended when he moved to this other city last year. We stay friends and talk to each other regularly. I had planned to meet Tom on my visit as we always had good physical chemistry, but now that I've met Brian I doubt. To be honest, I still want to be with Tom, but I know I'll feel guilty for lying to Brian by default. My friends tell me that I have no reason to feel guilty and that it's too early to talk about exclusivity, so neither of us should have that expectation. But I don't know, it still hurts, especially when (as the more we know each other, the more likely it gets) a relationship with Brian ends up. Should I go ahead and do what I want to Tom and not tell Brian as my friends think? Should I tell Brian about Tom? And if so, how can I have this conversation without hurting him? (I mentioned seeing an ex I was still friends with, but I'm not sure if I remember, and I certainly didn't mention my intention to date him.) Part of it, it really was wanting to enjoy. the chance to have fun with Tom while I'm still single, mostly because I'm not sure if we'll keep in touch long-term or if I'll see him again a day later. But I can't help but think he's dishonest and cruel. Please help me solve this problem.

- Last chance

Love last chance

Ask yourself if having sex with Tom is worth the guilt you feel afterward. Sex will be limited to a fleeting moment; After sex is, uh, the rest of your life. Beware, I don't think you should feel guilty: it's early days, you haven't slept with Brian or talked about exclusivity (what if he turns out he's not monogamous?). In fact, he went further and mentioned that he was going to meet an ex. For anyone who cared about the bed their boots were under, this information would surely hit a nerve. Sex with exes is so common that any time someone spends time on their own, the suspicion arises that at least some of that time is being spent naked. I think if that had mattered to him, you probably would have felt a reaction. It doesn't seem to bother him.

This call comes from inside the house. I don't think you entered into a negotiation about social expectations and your own desires; I think you had a plan to sleep with Tom, who your heart threatens to upset because you fall in love with Brian. I also think that you are more prone to monogamy than you would like to admit. The only obligation you have right now to reveal your complicity with Tom to Brian is the one you impose on yourself. Unless something happens that becomes necessary information for the couple during their potential encounter with Tom (such as pregnancy or the transmission of STIs), avoiding talking to Brian about it is not by default a lie . That would be like saying because you haven't farted before (I guess maybe?) You are presenting the deceptive image of a gas-free existence. You have had two dates, there is a virtual life with information that you have not yet shared.

Is Tom's attraction really that great? Or are you just executing your plans because part of you feels that you don't have to abandon them altogether to add another layer of internal conflict? I think if the body pull was that intense it really wouldn't be a problem. Also, I think if you fail to hit Tom, it should be for yourself and your peace of mind, not Brian. It runs fine.

Did you write this or any other letter that we replied to? Tell us howtodoit@slate.com what happens is .

Dear how it goes

I'm a gay man in my thirties who lives in one of the most popular gay places: San Francisco. I am black , torn and calm. The sex thing never worked out for me, and after realizing it last year, I decided to look for men who were interested in monogamous relationships. However, a puzzling situation has arisen. Some guys will act strangely after what I think is a pretty successful date. They will text me non-stop every day, but if I ask them to see them again they will decline my question and keep talking to me like nothing happened. The guy that I had developed serious feelings for and that hurt me. Another guy did this after a pretty good first date. Another would say how much he loved spending time with me and always would. This behavior pissed me off and I thought they weren't that way at me. So I stopped writing. I hate people because of ghosts, but after I was overwhelmed when I asked what was going on, I just want to not overwhelm me at that time. However, what really touches me is that after a few weeks these guys get mad at me and ask me why I don't text them anymore. Someone else available and that I have to stop our interactions. One guy got very upset about my no-reply after trying to text him and calling him for a week to no avail! Did I miss something? Maybe I need to be more honest if I feel hurt when this behavior occurs, but otherwise I don't know how to deal with this pattern.

- confused

Love confused

The model you described is really unique. When dating, people change their minds frequently, and you can never be sure that someone will distort their apparent interest until you meet them (and even then, there is a mystery). The kind of reluctance he describes, especially when the emotional boomerang returns and they get angry at you for your aloof demeanor, makes me wonder if you haven't had the bad luck to get in touch with people. So self-centered that they force their volatility on you, a virtual stranger (as opposed to attempting civil persistence).

Another theory: time is changing. In active textual discussions, some things can get in the way when the flood of words arrives.

And yet another theory: you look too strong when you ask to see her again. Sometimes it just takes a simple sign of interest ("I'd love to see you again") to get people to think "too much". These people can pretend you haven't said anything to keep things neutral.

The feedback you get is both data and useful data. I don't mean these people are right; I mean, they'll show you early on that they 're not for you . Dating takes a lot of guesswork, often to no avail. It might sound like a test you couldn't have prepared for, but getting a failed grade still hurts. I think the texting behavior you are describing could reasonably be called gambling. I have to tell you that I don't have time for games. Those who want to play in the name of knowing me are doomed. My body rejects this type of interaction. All of my friends have gone through a much simpler process: we met, we loved each other, we expressed mutual interest in starting over. We do this often enough and we are friends. It takes a while to find someone to connect with so instantly. This is what it is about: You are in the middle of a tie.

I don't know if what I'm about to tell you relates to your particular case, but it is possible. Either way, this is the wisdom of a book that I won't stop because I think it's so deadly on gay interactions. In Out of the Shadows: Reimagining Gay Men's Lives , psychotherapist Walt Odets writes about the failure of the connection he saw in the population he writes about:

I've heard another thing from gay men a thousand times: "I'm never interested in men who are important to me, and those who care never give me the feeling back." What this particular and completely implausible situation suggests is that the handicap is not in who other gay men really are, but in what he, the relationship seeker, feels about himself. The psychological mechanism is projection: when a man is interested in another man, the prospect becomes a deviant homosexual in the eyes of his object and works bi-directionally. The two men experience a probably unconscious feeling of their own homosexual undesirability and project this feeling onto one another. In such a mutual projective scheme, anyone who shows interest is disqualified.

I'm not saying this applies to you, but it's another theory about what can happen to the men you talk to. And even if it's cold comfort, an explanation is better than none.

- Rich

More How it works

I'm in a committed relationship with a great guy. My problem ? I am a cop; he is not. I discovered this recently and I want to explore. A friend of mine and I are really in love. None of us are really looking for anything other than being friends with benefits right now. We've played with a few and we're both very excited.I have to go on?

Adblock test (why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire