6.11.2022

Demi Lovato reveals they sought treatment before writing their new album Clean and Sober

Leading up to Demi Lovato's eighth studio album Holy Fvck , the singer released a new single called " Skin of My Teeth ".

During a recent appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon , Lovato performed the new song for the first time and spoke about its rock 'n' roll sound. "It's definitely a change for me, but I'm also going back to my roots because that's what I started singing when I put out my first album and my second album," Lovato told Fallon. .

The singer also revealed he received treatment before writing his latest album. Lovato had previously been in rehab after a near- fatal overdose in 2018, but as of March 2021 lived a " sober Californian " lifestyle, indulging in the occasional smoking and drinking of marijuana. . "One size doesn't fit all," she told Glamor at the time. "What I encourage people to do is make decisions for themselves. Autonomy has changed my life for me.

Lovato even released a song on her seventh studio album called California Sober. "I used to live in fear of always slipping, / But living for perfection is not living. / I was running a little slower, now I'm tripping. / A beautiful and magical beginning," they sang on the track.

That's not the case. "After going through more things last year, I got out of treatment," Lovato told Fallon. "I realized that I really want to do this for myself and I want to make the best album possible, something that really represents who I am... The easiest way to make something more authentic is to make it clean and." sober

They added: "So I made this album, you know, clean and understated. I can't say that about my last album, but I'm very, very proud of this one."

Demi Lovato first exposed her "sober Californian" mindset in an Instagram Story in December 2021. "I no longer support my 'sober Californian' ways," Lovato wrote at the time. " Sober , sober is the only way to be."

Originally appeared on Glamour

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire