12.16.2019

Keep your home office clean by setting a cleaning schedule

Working from home is fantastic in many ways. If you work alone at home, you can take lunch breaks, for example, and make the clothes you wear flexible enough. In some cases, cleaning the storage space can also be optional, so you might not do everything. Nobody will see your home office, will you?

In early 2019, my home office had reached a pretty catastrophic point after the massive introduction of this "optional" cleaning option. I spent a few days cleaning it, and then I made a cleaning plan for the year. If you work from home, I recommend that you do the same.

And if your home office is always clean, my hat is yours. This advice is not for you.

As with any important task, cleaning is much easier if you split it up into smaller parts. Cleaning up a year of spam, post-it, unclassified receipts, and other waste is a big task. The daily division made everything much easier and prepared my home office for visitors all year round. It also had the added benefit of always being able to find everything I needed when I needed it (wonderful!).

The organization of the cleaning depends a little on your personal situation. One of my biggest problems was the packages. I get a lot of products in the mail for review, which is great, but all of these products come in cardboard boxes with packaging loads. I also live on the third floor, so recycling these boxes takes a bit of work. It also requires that I go to the trash before everyone in my building does so that there is really room for my trash.

Our recycling will be picked up on Tuesday, so I now have a warning every lunchtime on Wednesday that you are putting the recycling in the now empty bin. It's a small thing, but it meant incredible things in terms of my office battery limit. I used to always remember Monday, which is great, but there is no place to throw recycling in the trash, so it would be SOL. Now I'm going to get my things first.

The post is another thing I was terrible with, now I have a warning to deal with this on Friday. I check the huge pile on my desk, pay all the bills I have to pay and archive or throw everything else away. Again, it is a minor matter if you do it regularly. If you skip it or have spam accumulated for a week or two, a dumpster will run out. I can't tell you how many times I've searched for this letter that was "somewhere". The answer was still in the battery I had discharged from my desk on the floor.

I also have warnings that remind me to vacuum and tidy up my desk every few weeks, and yes, one that suggests that taking out the trash might be a good idea.

If you have trouble keeping your home office (or really every room in your house) clean, do a good basic cleaning, then a cleaning schedule for the rooms you're having trouble with (I'm using Google Calendar notifications), you can do it on the Prepare for success in 2020.


Comments

Fashion stories at the moment

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire