1.25.2022

Ms Hinch's 'simple' tips for maximizing storage space - 'never looked so good' - Daily Express

In her bestseller, Hinch Yourself Happy, took readers through the step-by- process of clearing out suitcases, clutter and the dreaded garage.

The cleaning guru began: "My closet under the stairs is one of those places that seems to be filled with 'stuff'.

"Honestly I open it one day and it looks neat and the next day it's shocking. It's like the little goblins are there and they're changing things up and messing them up even more."

For readers who also have a "Harry Potter wardrobe," these tips are for you.

Sometimes the only way to get under the stairs is with a "real bombing," pulling everything out and starting over.

Ms Hinch said: "I'm going to throw the stuff in a huge heap and then separate it into 'trash' and 'good'.

"But not before I give it a good clean and give it a good look with Sharon the Shark [cordless vacuum]."

Ms. Hinch has added key hooks, a broom holder and baskets to help keep things tidy under the stairs.

She "even posted a few photos, she's never looked so good."

Moving on to the "trash can," Ms Hinch admitted her beanbag chair "scared" her every time she looked at it.

"Although it was beautiful on the outside, it was a horror show on the inside."

She shared her secret to mastering it: "I found three baskets that fit perfectly, and inside these baskets live 1) my collection of wax melts, 2) stationery and tape, and 3) cords, cords, and chargers.

"Now I've nailed it!"

READ MORE: Queen Elizabeth's 5 Most Expensive Jewels: Pieces Worth Millions

When it comes to her garage, Ms. Hinch is all about storage, and she informed readers that any decor that doesn't fit in the house can be brought into the garage rather than thrown out.

"I have a dresser that I really liked and didn't want to throw away, so I put it in and [husband] Jamie keeps his tools in one drawer and his car-cleaning supplies in another."

She continued, "Your garage is an extension of your home, so treat it well.

"I even have pictures on the wall. It doesn't have to be a cold, unhappy place. Dress up your garage with some cute things."

READ MORE: James Martin explains why 'you should never put eggs in the fridge'

Great tip for cyclists: "I have bike racks on the wall. They're great because bikes take up a lot of space, so bike racks keep them up and out of the way."

Loose scraps of paper plague the best of us, and Ms. Hinch's advice to reduce this problem is to just "pack everything, it's that simple".

"Paper is so boring because it usually ends up everywhere and you can never find what you need when you need it. That's another piece of advice my mother gave me when I was a kid."

All this "hassle-free" method requires is an A4 box and a plastic sleeve for the receipt.

"Every six months, Jamie and I go through this box and shred anything we don't need to keep. I love using the shredder, it's the best. It cost me about £20, on eBay of course.

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire