8.19.2022

Tips from Héloïse: Use armrests on patio furniture - The Mining Journal

Héloïse, syndicated columnist

Dear Elise:

I still read your column and have used a lot of your advice. I hope this helps those across the country who are having the same issue we encountered over the summer months.

Living in Dallas, we are used to the fact that our temperature often exceeds 100 degrees. The sun-exposed patio furniture has metal armrests that are so hot I burned my arm. A few years ago we decided to see if a pool noodle would help. We cut it along one side and then cut the pool float to a size that will cover the armrest. Done, now we can comfortably use the chairs all summer long! – Deborah Dougherty, Rockwall, Texas

TOILET

Dear Héloïse, I recently started using a disabled bathroom and I am very grateful for the bars near the bathroom. I want to remind those who clean them (Blessed be!) to remember to clean the bars. I saw all sorts of disgusting things scattered on it. Thanks very much! —Carol, North Dakota

BAKING AID

Dear readers, does your butcher block need cleaning? Sprinkle baking soda on a damp sponge to make a paste, then rub the dirty area. Also works on stainless steel and kitchen sinks.

Baking soda can also be used for cleaning, deodorizing, and cooking around the home. So I put together a six-page booklet called Heloise Baking Soda Tips and Recipes. A copy of this brochure can be obtained by mailing a $5 (84 cents) self-addressed, stamped long envelope to: Heloise/Baking Soda, PO Box 795001, San Antonio, TX 78279-5001. FYI: Does your kids potty smell bad? Pour baking soda under the urinal to reduce odors. - Heloise

SAVE BOGOS

Dear Héloïse, As grocery store prices continue to rise, I look for BOGO (buy one, get one free) deals at two major stores, but only for products we use regularly: coffee, soda, water, paper goods, and . of course, of course popcorn! - Diane M., Los Pueblos, Fla

GOOD TIP FOR STRAWBERRIES

Dear Héloïse, I read your references in the Times of Northwest Indiana. For people who like to use sliced ​​strawberries, here's a great time saver.

Wash the strawberries well and drain in a colander. One by one, cut off the stem and the bottom tip. Then use a hard-boiled egg slicer to slice each one perfectly. This saves time and makes the slices clean for mixing with aerosol whipped cream.

This also keeps strawberries fresh for days to put in dessert bowls or angel cakes. Delicious! —Ruth Mores, Hammond, Indiana

Send a money or time-saving tip to Heloise, PO Box 795001, San Antonio, TX 78279-5001, or fax it to 1-210-HELOISE, or email it to Heloise@Heloise.com. I cannot personally reply to your letter, but I will use the best advice I received in my column.

(c)2022 by King Features Syndicate Inc.

Today's latest news and more in your inbox

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire