11.11.2022

I use this dish soap solution for streak free windows and the results are immediate.

Of all chores, window cleaning is the one that can be postponed the most, and I know that very well because I feel the same way.

Unlike some more "urgent" tasks, like cleaning the kitchen or washing the sheets, knowing how to clean a window seems a little less urgent. After all, most dirt is outside the home, so why rush? I've often relied on this well-known argument when it came to deep cleaning, which is why my windows have often been sacrificed.

I'll admit that barring my lame excuses, the thought of cleaning my windows always seemed like a daunting task that required harsh chemicals and scrubbing techniques that I wanted to avoid. However, after seeking expert tips on cleaning , I found that the process was nothing to worry about.

Instead, I learned that I could clean with vinegar, dish soap, and water and follow a refreshingly simple technique to quickly ensure streak-free windows. And the best part was that I already had all of these staples in my pantry at home. What other excuse could I use?

The dish soap solution I use for Streak Free Windows

Homes & Gardens Global Nomad decorates round dining table and round bay window rug

(Image credit: Katrin Cargill Styling/Jon Day Photography)

Initially, I had my concerns that a home method would not successfully remove dirt or leave stains; However, my friend shared that she experimented with a dish soap and vinegar solution and the process was almost effortless.

To start, I mixed 2 cups of water with 1/2 teaspoon dish soap and 1/4 cup white vinegar, enough to cover the front windows of my house. However, if you are working with a particularly large area, you may want to increase this measurement to fit your windows.

After creating the solution, I started pouring it into a spray bottle (I use this glass spray bottle from Amazon (opens in a new tab) ) before spraying it on my windows and using a sponge to absorb the liquid to clean. After that, I used a large microfiber cloth (opens in a new tab) (also from Amazon) to rub the solution in a Z-shape motion to stop those noticeable stains.

View between kitchen island and units towards folding doors to garden with skylight above

(Photo credits: Jessica Buckley, Mary Wadsworth)

After following this method indoors, I did the same on my outdoor window before seeing the results and I can say I was very impressed. My interior and exterior windows were sparkling and completely spotless, and I wondered why I had waited so long to clean them the way they needed it.

The whole process took no more than 30 minutes and I've been enjoying the benefits of a clean window for weeks. And just like using baking soda to wash windows , I found I could use everyday ingredients—both dish soap and vinegar—as essential parts of my daily cleaning routine.

I was inevitably pleased with my results and surprised that such a simple (and non-toxic) solution would achieve the cleanliness I wanted. So I enlisted the expertise of Corbin Mason-Smith, the owner of Superior Exterior Cleaning (opens in a new tab) to see what makes the solution so effective and to see if he has any tips , to further emphasize this treatment idea windows. .

Stylish white kitchen with a comfortable window seat, an island with a marble countertop, a curved glass pendant light, hardwood floors, white furniture and cabinets

(Image credit: Paul Raeside)

"Dish soap is an important part of a window cleaning solution," says Corbin. Before I explain how microfiber cloths are best for cleaning frames and scratches, should I leave some with me?

I tend to use 1/2 teaspoon dish soap as recommended. However, the expert warns that you may need more if you're cleaning on a hotter day.

"The amount of cleaning solution that gets on a window depends on the weather. On a sunny day, the glass needs more solution than on a cooler day," says the expert. She adds that when cleaning windows indoors, you should place an old bath towel at the base of the window to catch any excess solution.

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire