11.23.2022

Tips for tidying up your closet - The Daily Californian

From time to time I have to clean out my closet. Maybe it's because I've run out of hangers and need to move all the jeans in my closet, or maybe I found something I can't even remember. Whatever the reason, it comes to mind that I need to donate items. The problem for me, unfortunately, is that I tend to hoard my clothes. No matter how seldom I wear it or how outdated it is, I tell myself I'll miss it one day. So over the years I've compiled a list of some of the best tips to make decluttering my closet easier.

suspension trick

This trick is especially useful for students who move around a lot. Every time I move to a new place, I put my hangers back in my closet. When I put my clothes on and hung them up, I hung them upside down as they were originally. After a few months, if there are hangers left in a room that haven't been returned, it's usually time to donate them. This trick helps me get really realistic about what I'm actually using. It's the best way to free up valuable space in my cluttered closet. This simple trick shows that what's in your closet isn't being used and it's better to donate it.

force yourself to put it on

This tip is for those who always pretend to wear something but never find an outfit that fits. If you still have a few clothes that haven't been combed in months, here's what you can do. Go through your closet and take out everything you haven't worn in a while. Force yourself to wear something from this bunch every day. If you end up using it and loving it, then it's perfect for storing. On the other hand, if you just can't find an outfit to wear with it or keep wearing it, it's probably best to donate it. This will help get rid of clothes that you may have worn a lot but are no longer for you.

change clothes

This latest idea is for all the series buyers out there. If you keep coming home with new parts but never have room for them, this can help. When I've had periods of having too much stuff in my closet, I usually compromise. For every piece of clothing I buy or receive, I have to donate a piece of clothing from my closet. It helps me keep my wardrobe to a minimum and really helps me figure out if something is worth buying. While it may seem difficult at first, keeping your wardrobe to a minimum and being mindful of what you buy really helps.

Hopefully this guide will help you next time you need to get rid of clothes. All the simple little things are the best way to free up some space in your closet this year!

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire