12.06.2022

Helpful Tips - The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

DEAR HELOISE: I've enjoyed your column for years and thought I'd share my tip for hanging Christmas lights on trees. I use my angle broom! The string of lights is held by the broom's bristles, and the broom adds at least five feet to help me reach the branches. It takes a bit of coordination, but it certainly helps get the job done. I hope someone finds this useful and that all your readers have a great Christmas!

-- Erin, Ethel, Louisiana.

DEAR HÉLOISE: Last year you had good suggestions for tumble dryers; However, as a 55-year-old seven-time homeowner, I have a very important clue that I've never seen in your column. If your tumble dryer isn't against an outside wall and vents directly to the outside, it can be vented through the attic. It's also a fire hazard. A vent cleaning costs about $150 or more.

The more you use your dryer, the more often you'll need to clean the vent. Your clothes will last longer if you don't dry them or dry them very little. Remember that dryer lint comes from your clothes. My dryers have lasted a long time because I use them very little. You should always clean the dryer opening after each use of the dryer. I have an extra shower curtain rod in the middle of the tub so I can hang leaky clothes so they don't drip onto the floor.

Your article saved me from a big mistake at a 1989 mat bait and trade shop. I bought a new mat which was expensive. I asked if I could have a pattern in a color that people might not want to buy. And when they came to install it, I pulled out my sample, they took their bad mat and ordered the correct mat that I originally ordered. Many Thanks.

– Clara Katy, Texas

DEAR HELOISE: I take my used dryer sheets to clean the lint from the dryer filter and the lint that's scattered all over the dryer. work for me Best regards.

--Robert A. Lipe, Prairieville, Louisiana.

DEAR HELOISE: Soon we will be picking our olives and treating them with a curing process that we will do with salt without additives. Anyone who kurts can or salt should read the entire label before buying.

Separating agents, which are added to prevent salt lumps from forming, yellow or cloud the brine, which is unsightly. (I don't know how this affects the taste, though, since we've never used it.) The front label may say "canned salt", "kosher salt", "sea salt", etc., but an anti-caking element can always be added will.

PS Yes, I'm a man who reads your column every day, often at breakfast, according to my wife. Many Thanks.

– Tim Harned, Perris, California.

Send a time or money saving tip to Heloise, PO Box 795001, San Antonio, Texas 78279-5000; Fax to (210) 435-6473; Or E-Mail

Heloise@heloise.com

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire