4.07.2014

To find large files Spotlight: Spring Cleaning

Size Photo

I'm a little horse on a clean hard drive, especially since I few years back with Macbook Airs, which started with their small SSDs. I pulled most of my music in the cloud and my iPhoto library on an external hard drive , but there are still a lot of garbage that ends up in my system.

So, once a month or two, I can see my movies, applications, and download files to sort by size and remove the big things that you no longer need. Or I go to an external hard drive for later access.

I have never done before is to use Spotlight to find files in all of my files easily.

It's kind of awesome, really, so congratulations to Matt Elliot over at CNET, who has done this.

fall

Open a Finder window and click Command + F on your keyboard to bring up the Spotlight window function. Now click on the drop down menu that says Type and select Other.

other

A key component will slide down, so that you have many options. Tap "Size" in the search box at the top of the window, then select the file size of your type of filter. Click on the box to the right if you want to vote in a position between the original from the drop-down menu in the future.

File size

Now click on the drop down menu that says "equal" and change "greater than", because we are looking for large files in this phase. Enter a number in the box to the right, change the unit from the drop-GB. I wanted to files larger than 2 GB to see if I can find an empty. Menu, you can select any number and then remove Don 'need.

This is just a quick way to do what we have to find all the large files that we no longer use and along trash or other storage media.

Connected
Rob LeFebvre Alaska Anchorage freelance writer and editor Rob Lefebvre Cult of Mac games and tips editor. He has worked in several technology websites and iOS games, including 148Apps, VentureBeat and Paste Magazine. Feel free to find Rob on Twitter @ roblef

(Sorry, you need Javascript enabled to view it This e-mail address) | Read more posts by .

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and read on the website of another person, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org / content / faq.php # publishers only.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire