5.04.2020

HAPPY HANDYMAN: Tips for removing mold from silicone

Posted

I can't tell you how excited I am today. I will NOT talk about masks, disinfectants or anything that contains Lysol! For those of you who have suffered all of this with me, I have only one thing to say: I hope we don't have to do this again in my life.

Today I want to talk to you about mold, especially mold on silicone seals. Each contractor uses silicone sealants in bathrooms and showers. Silicone gasket is an anti-mold magnet. By this I mean that the mold that forms on the silicone does not just stay on the surface, like with normal sealing of sand. No, the silicone pushes the mold deep into the silicone. So if you try to clean the seal, you can't even get to where the mold is because it is not on the surface. You could drown it in bleach and you would never make a difference in the mold. So what are you doing?

A representative came in last week with a new product called Miracle Mist. He looked a bit silly and stupid. But he said he was going to bring the old fences and weathered wooden decks back to the beautiful color they originally had. He brought me a sample and we went straight to my house and tested it on my fence. Can you count to three? This is the time it took Miracle Mist to reattach my clean gray wooden fence many years ago. I could not believe it. He was also shocked. So we were like squirrels walking through my neighborhood trying out fences, wall fences, concrete, boats and a neighbor's flagstone path. Miracle Mist did a great job with all of this, but the most impressive were the gray wooden fences and the concrete. Nothing like it. But wait, I said I'm writing about mold. Then it comes.

While we were at home, he wanted me to test it with my silicone putty. Suddenly I entered, sprayed Miracle Mist on silicone where the glass door is installed and I counted to three and ... nothing! It was the biggest disappointment of all. Unless you want to talk about how many times Zep told me they sent Quick Clean. I went back to the representative and said ... it didn't work. We were both a little disappointed.

I came home that evening and went into the tub and smelled of bleach, which reminded me that I had used Miracle Mist in the shower. Well i went to close the shower door and you know what? It is true that the mold was gone. I think it took a little longer than number three. I do not care. I'm glad you cleaned up again.

Before I call and wonder what Miracle Mist is made of, I'll tell you. It is bleach. But they made the molecules very small to make it easier for the substances to penetrate. This is the easiest way to explain it. And you can use it on porcelain tiles, ceramic tiles, but NOT marble, granite or artificial surfaces. But if you have a ceramic shower or a porcelain tub, this cleaner is a miracle!

If you can't find it near you, visit our website.

Now let's go to the email ...

Question: We have had visitors since the beginning of this quarantine and they have cats and litter boxes. We are not used to the smell and I need to know what we can use to mask the smell. The candles don't cut it. help me

Answer : The product to be used is called an air sponge. It is an odor neutralizer, not just a product that tries to mask an odor like a candle. Simply open the air sponge lid in the room with the strongest smell and leave the product open to freshen the air. To cool down throughout the house, place one in the return air intake of the air conditioner. When the air conditioner is on, there is a smell of clean air all over the house.

Email Trudy Chuoke Lesage at happyhandyman2@yahoo.com. The mail can be sent to the home and team of Johnnie Chuoke, 2361 NW Military, San Antonio, TX 78231.

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire