9.13.2023

8 Sustainable Cleaning Hacks I Recommend as a Home Editor: HELLO! review

I am the first to know that I am much more environmentally friendly and environmentally friendly , but as I thought and thought, for years there have been durable goods that I use in everyday life and in my life, I thought that I will do this. the kindness of sharing...

1. Old toothbrushes for cleaning grout lines

Toothbrushes
Put your old toothbrushes to good use

Something I inherited from my mother's cleaning routine: When I replace my toothbrush, I stick with the old one to clean the grout on the bathroom tiles. Just make sure you save it somewhere else or label it so you don't mix it up with the new one!

2. Lemons absorb refrigerator odors

I love having lemons on hand in the kitchen – great for drinking, cooking and cleaning! If I use a few slices, I leave the other half uncovered in the fridge to absorb odors. I also use it as a scrubber for cutting boards and my sink.

MORE CLEANING TIPS

3. Vinegar for cleaning windows

A simple and very inexpensive bottle of vinegar has many uses around the house and I like to rub it with a cloth to clean the inside of the windows. Another tip: I then apply peppermint oil to the window sills, which helps against the smell of vinegar and also keeps the spiders away.

4. Baking soda to clean clogs

A pinch of baking soda and a little vinegar will clean your sink and shower drains, and the resulting fizz is very satisfying.

Cutting board with lemons
Lemon has so many good uses

5. Lemons to clean your microwave

I saw this trick on TikTok and thought I'd give it a try. Chop some lemons and add them to a container of water. Then you put it in the microwave and turn it on for about two minutes (some people recommend a longer time, but I found it lasted long enough on high). The lemon steam breaks down the grease and dirt in the microwave and you can then simply clean it with a cloth.

6. Baby oil for cleaning stainless steel

One of my most successful cleans might be the baby oil and stainless steel trick – hear me out! In fact, this is another gem that I inherited from my mother. A few drops of oil on a cotton pad perfectly removes stains from your metal. I use it on my oven, my ceramic hob and my extractor hood.

Oven before and after
Stainless steel oven before and after.
Hood
Stainless steel fan before and after.

READ: There's a right way to load the dishwasher, says an expert

7. Baking soda for deodorizing trash cans

I put a little baking soda in the bottom of the bin to absorb odors and, er, juices, eww! It really works.

8. Reusable cleaning supplies

Over the last few years of owning my own home, I have used some reusable cleaning products; I particularly like the brands Kit & Kin and Method . The concentrate method is great because a small amount goes a long way when mixed with water!

sustainable cleaning products
Change your cleaning arsenal to be more environmentally friendly

Adblock test (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire