4.27.2024

Dear Abby: I love my career in education, but my new wife, who is also a teacher, hates it.

DEAR ABBY: I am a teacher. I have a young son and I love being free during school holidays and spending the summer together. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I recently married a woman 14 years younger than me who is also a teacher. My wife hates this job. She doesn't think it's exciting or serious enough. Her views on teaching hurt me because I believe it is a noble profession and also gives me valuable time with my son.

My wife decided to go to the police. This didn't happen out of nowhere. We've been discussing this for five years. I told him that this wasn't the life I wanted. I worked hard to be able to start a family and spend the summer holidays with my son. I was honest with her from the start. She often says that she also wants to spend time with our family and won't go to the police. Then, a few days later, he talks about it again.

We've only been married for six months, but I already regret it. I didn't get married to be alone all the time and go on vacation without my partner. I love him but I feel cheated and lied to. I don't think she's a good cop either; She's just obsessed with police shows and thinks that's how it's going to be. He's wasting a great career. I think it will be gone in a year or two. I think our biggest challenge is their lack of experience. What should I do? -- CONCERNED WIFE/MOTHER IN FLORIDA

DEAR WIFE/MOTHER: Calm down. There is no guarantee that your wife, even if she files an application, will be included in the prosecution in a non-administrative capacity. A few sessions with a licensed marriage and family therapist can help you communicate better.

Each of you seems to have very different ideas about what a happy marriage is. If an agreement cannot be reached and your marriage was short-lived, it may be best to separate amicably.

***

Dear Abby was written by Abigail Van Buren, also known as Jeanne Phillips, and created by her mother, Pauline Phillips. Contact Dear Abby at www.DearAbby.com or PO Box 69440, Los Angeles, CA 90069.

Adblock test (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire