4.27.2024

Dear Annie: We had an argument and he texted me saying, "I'm sorry he got me pregnant."

When pregnancy puts relationships to the test

DEAR ANNIE: I'm dealing with something that happened over a week and a half ago. I am a mother. My son is 15 years old. I've been with a man for two years but have known him for over six years. He has no children and has always expressed interest in becoming a father.

A year ago we decided to try for a child, but I was a little hesitant since my son is 15 and I am 35. In my head it's a bit old, especially for me because I'm not very healthy. Because I suffer from sickle cell anemia, I limited my birth age to 32 years. He is a good man to me and my son loves him very much. She told me that I had nothing to worry about and that she had been preparing to have a child for some time, but it just didn't happen. I also knew he would be a great father so we agreed to try and now I'm 36 and expecting a child.

My problem is that we had an argument the other day and he texted me saying he regretted getting me pregnant. I was so hurt. I couldn't believe he would say something like that when none of his other relationships had children. Now I don't talk to him anymore because I'm so upset and I told him I wouldn't put his last name on the baby's birth certificate if he was so sorry. He tried to apologize and contacted my mother to express his frustration, but I want nothing to do with him. I didn't wait 15 years for a man to say something so horrible to me. Do you think I'm going too far? --Postpartum depression

DEAR BABY BLUES: Your feelings are valid and understandable given the hurtful comments exchanged. Words, especially in times of anger, can leave lasting scars. Communication is crucial here. It is important to address the pain and root cause of the argument to understand whether it is a temporary frustration or a sign of deeper problems.

Evaluate the overall health of the relationship and the future you see with him. Is this an isolated incident or a warning sign? Ask yourself if you can overcome this problem with time, conversation, and possibly counseling. The choice of further action should reflect what is best for you and your child.

Send your questions to Annie Lane at Dearannie@creators.com .

Latest advice columns

Adblock test (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire