4.16.2018

Cooking tips that you may not know

The last thing I would say is that he is an expert in the kitchen, because it was and still is my favorite place. It's not that I do not like to eat, but cooking is not something that comes to my mind, so I tend to stay away.

When I came across an article written by Erin Cullum titled "20 Things That Killed Your Lifetime in the Kitchen," I did not hesitate to get a little help.

The first piece of advice was the storage of lemons. Frankly, I do not think I had a fresh lemon in my kitchen, but for those who, after www.Food.com when the lemons in a container with water cool stored, they will be for up to three months. , And if you want to extend the life of a lemon (why I do not know), freeze the peel and juice separately.

If you're having trouble getting a good deal of liquid from a lime (now this fruit I've known since making my share of gin and tonic), it turns out we can all make mistakes. Instead of cutting the file in half, you can make cuts on all four sides of the file so that the middle stays intact and you can squeeze more juice on the sides. There's a bottle of Gordon waiting for a lemon as soon as summer comes to try that trick.

The proper stirring of the eggs was the following and reminded me of when I went out with my husband and I prepared his first plate of scrambled eggs in the microwave. He was not happy, but he married me anyway. According to the article, proteins, including eggs, hate heat, so if you always end up with scrambled eggs and crunchy eggs, you probably cook them too fast at too high a temperature. Low and slow is the only way to get perfect scrambled eggs (and not in the microwave, at least not in the DeMarco kitchen).

I did not know that I was cheating to throw water when I emptied a glass of pasta, but the article insists that it's better to store about half a cup of water before pouring. It stays in the drain. The salted and starchy liquid in which the pasta is cooked becomes a crucial element to obtain a silky and cohesive sauce in most pasta dishes such as Carbonara, Cacio e Pepe and white wine pasta with garlic. It looks good, now I just need someone to teach me how to make these pasta dishes.

It is not often that a bottle of wine in the kitchen is spoiled by DeMarco, but the article recommends turning a penny into a wine glass that could be on his last leg. According to the American Chemical Society (yes, chemistry), you should drop a penny (after you have thoroughly cleaned it) into a wine glass, remove it, remove it and the damaged wine should taste good through chemistry. , The copper in the pore reacts with thiol compounds (sulphurous odor of wine in bad condition) and produces odorless copper sulfide crystals. Peg's advice: get in the car and take a trip to Silver Fork Winery and enjoy a delicious glass of wine and save money on a piggy bank.

Then the article teaches that if we add no salt to a freshly baked chocolate biscuit, we will miss the experience of a dream. A pinch of salt in good quality flakes transforms the taste completely and raises it immediately. Peg is a bit skeptical, so she'll probably try and see a cookie.

For those who like bacon and eggs at breakfast, the bacon sizzling on the oven causes fat spatter and painful burns (guilty). The article recommends to bacon the bacon on a baking tray on a baking sheet so that the bacon is cooked evenly and the cleaning is easy. Well, if there was a trick to reducing cholesterol with bacon, it could work in the kitchen of DeMarco.

And finally back to the eggs. The article recommends that if you do not finish all your eggs before they get bad, freeze them. Fresh eggs will last about five weeks in the fridge, but up to six months in the freezer.

I'm sorry, I can not do that. The ice takes the place above all else in the DeMarco freezer.

Peg DeMarco is based in Morganton and writes a weekly column for The News Herald. Contact them at pegdemarco@earthlink.net .

Let's block the advertising! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire