10.12.2020

Woman shares plumber's warning about the use of toilets

A surprised cleaning enthusiast warned her plumber about using toilet blocks in her cistern.

The woman went to the Hinch Army Cleaning Tips Facebook group to post what she had told her in hopes of saving others from a plumbing disaster similar to hers.

She wrote, "Did anyone know I was SUPER damaging their toilet cistern? I recently had a problem with my toilet where they kept flushing. Get the plumber out and the first thing he said was, 'I bet you are using this Tank blocks, right?

"The chemicals in these blocks broke the rubber seals in the tank and I had to replace everything. The packaging indicated they could be used in the tank, but clearly not! Hope this saves someone else a plumbing bill!"

Clean hacks

Other members of the group flooded in comments to share their own knowledge and experiences with tank blocks.

"I'm a plumber and I never use them. They're awful," wrote one.

"Yes, my husband is a plumber and he told me years ago," said another.

"This has happened to me twice in the past few years !! I've always used them, wow, I didn't know it was because of them," added a third.

A quarter rang, "I leaked my toilet seals and the leak got into my new kitchen. Fortunately, it caused minor damage, but it was damage I didn't need!"

Others said they have been using the blocks for a long time with no problem.

"Weird has been using them for years and has never had a problem," said one.

Another stated that the tank blocks might not be the only factor requiring the rubber seals to be replaced.

"Tank clogging is not always the cause - hard water and general aging also affect the rubber seals or plastic membranes in the flushing mechanism.

"BUT cistern blocks are definitely a relatively simple nightmare (and what should be one of the best bathroom jobs)!

"Instead of dealing with clean water, it's a chemical solution that turns everything blue and creates a gel at the bottom of the tank that needs cleaning.

"It certainly means that a plumber will charge you more because it's a longer and more disgusting job. I went there, I did that!"

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire