9.30.2022

4 ways to use nail polish remover to get rid of stains and stains around my house

I was amazed by the results when I recently installed a new bathroom that looked bright, shiny and sparkling clean. However, the plumber's sturdy boots had left small black marks on the new tile that would not budge despite my best efforts.

I've tried various cleaning tips to get rid of the stains left by the rubber soles, being careful not to damage the color and pattern of the bathroom floor , and nothing seemed to work.

My friend came to see the bedroom makeover results as she was researching bathroom ideas for her own project and when I pointed out my discomfort with the stains she advised me to try nail polish remover.

"That should get rid of them," he said. "It's not just for nail polish."

And she was right. She also told me about other clever uses for nail polish remover at home. It was a revelation that I am very happy to share.

Use nail polish for house cleaning

Before you try my advice, let me advise you: always do a patch test in an area where you won't be seen, nail polish remover is a powerful product that could damage your surfaces.

1. Use solvents to clean the tiles.

On the advice of my friend, I tried this unusual way of cleaning tiles . I dampened a paper towel with nail polish remover, then gently rubbed the black stains on the floor and they quickly disappeared while previously rubbing had no effect.

I then cleaned it with a sponge soaked in water to remove any residue. Since then I've tried non-acetone and non-acetone nail polish removers and found that they work just as well.

This method could be used to remove stains on a variety of tiles , including stone and vinyl, although I wouldn't recommend it for hardwood floors as the varnish can stain them.

Walk in shower with graphic tiles and brass shower head

(Image credit: Gunter & Co.)

2. Use nail polish remover on the sticky residue

The new shower stall in my bathroom was covered in various stickers and when I removed them some had left a sticky residue. I know how to clean shower doors without leaving streaks, but I can't get rid of those pesky sticky spots. Here's another clever use of nail polish remover that my friend made me discover.

Again, I soaked a cotton ball in nail polish remover and gently rubbed off the sticky residue, which disappeared in seconds, leaving the glass nicely streak-free. This is where I found that an acetone based nail polish works best.

There are endless tips on how to clean a bathroom , but I had never heard my boyfriend's advice on using nail polish remover this way.

I've also found this method to work well for removing sticky residue from metal surfaces like faucets and doorknobs.

3. Use nail polish remover to remove permanent ink stains

Like many other parents, I'm always a little nervous when my kids pull out their permanent markers for painting or school projects, worried that other surfaces might accidentally be marked with the pen. .

If the worst happens and a marker lands on a wall or other surface, nail polish remover can come to the rescue, my friend advised.

Dip a cotton ball in the remover and gently rub the stain and it will soon be gone.

Morris & Co x Spode tableware collection

(Image credit: Morris & Co)

4. Use nail polish remover to remove tea or coffee stains from porcelain.

It's annoying when your beloved, often-used cups or mugs are damaged by unsightly tea or coffee stains. My friend's trick was to clean the inside of the glasses with a cotton pad soaked in nail polish remover to remove the stains and restore them to their pearly white color. Then wash the cups thoroughly with warm, soapy water before using them again.

So put away your bottle of nail polish remover as it can be used multiple times.

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire