9.28.2022

I use this laundry bead hack on my carpet when I have guests over for instant freshness.

Living in a small city apartment forced me to learn the art of compact living, from accentuating size with mirrors to practicing failsafe cleaning.

However, while searching for new ways to clean carpets , I've found my favorite technique for small spaces.

Living in an apartment means that the kitchen and living room are right next to each other. The close proximity of these areas means that any kitchen odors have a chance of penetrating my upholstery (and especially my living room carpet). And this is where my absolute favorite cleaning tip comes into play.

Laundry beads have always been a staple of my laundry room ideas , but after a night of browsing TikTok, I realized their uses go well beyond washing. In fact, you can combine laundry pearls with baking soda to create a fresh smelling carpet freshener solution that will quickly have my guests ready to go home.

Beaded Carpet Washing Tip: What's the Process?

Living room with pink tiles, a brown leather armchair and a kilim-style rug

(Image credit: Bert & May)

I've always known that a rug (or rug) can easily be cleaned, or at least refreshed, with baking soda . But I never thought of using washing granules in combination with baking soda to really boost the effects.

How does it work? Start by using your vacuum to pick up dirt and debris on your carpet or rug before sprinkling pearlescent powder onto the surface.

I usually wear about a capful of beads, but it depends on the size of the area you're treating (and the strength of the scent you want). I use Downy Unstopables Wash Booster (opens in a new tab) but maybe you find a scent you like better, maybe it's already in your laundry room.

I then apply a fairly generous layer of baking soda over the pearls and let the mixture sit for about an hour. After this time I vacuum again.

According to Maria Ivanova, the founder of Master Maid (opens new window) , it's a good idea to leave the mix on for this time as it allows it to "penetrate the fibers of your carpets and rugs and magically work like it does." makes it.

Living room with antique carpets, traditional furniture and curtains

(Image Credit: Georgia Zika's Designs)

After vacuuming, I have a spotlessly clean carpet that exudes the smell of fresh laundry that rarely goes unnoticed by my guests. And I can often still enjoy the aroma in the morning (and well into the week) after a night of drinking.

Since my house is mostly hardwood floors, I've never tried anything other than my off-white and black carpet. However, Maria tells me that it works just as well with carpet ideas .

"Both products work together to remove odors from furniture, carpets, etc.," she says. "When you use them together, they neutralize odor molecules in your home so they don't linger for long. Instead, they leave behind a fresh scent that lasts for days or even weeks with regular use.

Open living and dining room with carpet floor

(Image credit: Foley&Cox / Photo by Tim Lenz)

While I'll always follow this method at home, it's equally reassuring that laundry beads have a place in the professional carpet industry as well.

"Since some of the rugs have been in business for a long time, I often use washing beads and baking soda to maintain the quality of the rugs we sell," adds Ismail Kuden, owner of Kuden Rugs (opens in a new tab) . .

"I find this method helpful in absorbing odors and leaving a space fresh and clean. The best way to use this method is to sprinkle the baking soda on the carpet or rug and then use a vacuum to remove the dust.

This tip changed the way I prepare for guests. will you do the same

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire