10.30.2022

I tried white vinegar and newspaper to clean my windows | Expresses

is a task that many homeowners since glass is so hard to come by. However, when I heard about this inexpensive cleaning combo that claims to remove stains, I knew I had to try it. Cleaning experts have claimed that this trick can minimize the duration of the task and its difficulty.

While there are many window cleaning sprays on the market, they can be quite expensive and don't always provide streak-free results.

While many Brits turn to chemical-free cleaning solutions, using and regular newspaper is a popular all-natural alternative.

Before I clean my windows, I made sure to dust them off first. This was very important because if you skip this step, dust and dirt particles will stick to the window and could scratch it.

I used a dry paper towel to wipe the dust off the window and then placed a towel under the window to catch any drips of vinegar during the process.

READ MORE: Tried

Then I crumpled up four sheets of newspaper that were scattered around the house. The purpose of the journal is to use it instead of a microfiber cloth.

I started by spraying the white vinegar solution all over the windows, then used a piece of newspaper to gently rub the window until the grease and stains began to come off.

When cleaning the inside and outside of my window, I used horizontal strokes to rub in the white vinegar and made a mental note to use vertical strokes when cleaning the inside. This way it was easy to tell which side the stripes were on as they would appear horizontal or vertical.

One thing to keep in mind when using newspaper is to make sure you don't rub it against the window frame as the ink can cause serious stains that in some cases are impossible to remove.

READ MORE: bills

With the remaining vinegar I cleaned the window frame with a paper towel.

The last step was to polish the glass with a piece of dry newspaper using horizontal strokes. I then followed the steps above inside the window with the remaining two pieces of newspaper, but with vertical strokes.

I was amazed at the results, the window was so clean and had streaks on it. The job took less than 10 minutes to clean both sides of the window.

Newspaper is an old-fashioned solution for cleaning glass and produces excellent streak-free results that may even outperform using paper towels or rags.

Skyscraper window cleaning experts agreed, stating, "The structure of newsprint is made up of multiple dense fibers packed tightly together. This makes it difficult to break into pieces. Therefore, unlike the cloth napkins, it is a bit firm.

"Newspapers do not contain aggressive materials such as calcium carbonate or silicon dioxide that can damage a glass surface.

"Newsprint has a fairly rigid structure compared to traditional cleaning rags and towels. Does not separate or lint after wiping with newspaper."

Not only was this ploy successful, it was also very profitable as the newspaper was free and white vinegar cost £1 from Home Bargains. Vinegar can also be bought from other stores such as Sainsbury's and Tesco.

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire