4.05.2020

Are you planning a spring cleaning? Here in the second part of our inspired series, Instagram ...

Are you planning a spring cleaning? Here, in the second part of our inspired series, the Instagram sensation MRS HINCH shows you how you can make your living room shine

  • Sophie Hinchliffe, 30, from Essex, gave tips on cleaning her living room
  • Better known as Ms. Hinch, she has over 3.2 million followers on Instagram.
  • Some of his best advice is color-coded wipes to avoid cross-contamination.

She is the former Essex stylist, whose infectious enthusiasm for cleanliness and her down-to-earth personality have made her an Instagram and editorial star.

Ms. Hinch, real name Sophie Hinchliffe, started posting articles about her cleaning routines on social media after finding out that using a mop and a bucket or rags and disinfectants helped soothe her anxiety. .

But people liked his advice so much and his habit of naming his tools and products that he now has 3.2 million followers on Instagram, called "Hinchers," and sold nearly a million pounds. .

Sophie, 30, is married to Jamie Hinchliffe and is now the mother of Ronnie. She also owns the Cocker Spaniel Henry.

Sophie Hinchliffe, 30 (photo) from Essex, better known as Ms. Hinch, gave her tips on cleaning your living room

Sophie Hinchliffe, 30 (photo) from Essex, better known as Ms. Hinch, gave her tips on cleaning your living room

But if you want to keep corona viruses at bay or do without a weekly cleaner while you are safe at home on government orders, there has never been a better time for spring cleaning.

On Saturday, Ms. Hinch presented her favorite products and tools before devoting herself to the kitchen. Today shows you how to get a living room where you can really relax.

How to hang up your sofa

My sofa is the heart of my house. Personally, I've always liked a sofa where your feet don't touch the floor when you sit on it. When I sit on my couch and my feet sway, which makes me so happy, I feel like a big boy again.

I always have an oversized warm blanket in a nearby basket that I can grab, and of course you need some nice big pillows that you can cut in karate.

Remember that the fabrics of each sofa are different. Always run a patch test somewhere to make sure it is correct with the products you are using. My sofa is my pride and joy, so I don't want you to ruin yours.

  • Remove any accent blankets, blankets, and blankets from the sofa.
  • Check the parts. You don't want to target them. Guardian Seekers!
  • Vacuum what you don't want on the sides of the sofa seats. I use Shelley, my Shark handheld vacuum.
Between the washes, Ms. Hinch gives her couch a daily spray with Febreze (picture) to keep her cool.

Between the washes, Ms. Hinch gives her couch a daily spray with Febreze (picture) to keep her cool.

  • Brush a lint roller on the sofa and seat cushions to collect lint and loose hair. Especially important if you have fur babies.
  • If your pillowcases are machine washable, throw them in the machine according to the specific washing instructions. If they are not machine washable, dip a white cloth in the mixture with your favorite furniture cleaner (always white to avoid color transfer) and wring it out as much as possible.
  • Hold the fabric firmly while wearing your rubber gloves and rub it on each pillow seat, on the sofa arms, and on the back of the sofa.
  • Give him a soft brush with a body brush to revitalize the fibers.
  • Let it air dry, put it back together and enjoy the new breath of life on your sofa.
  • Between the washes, I like to give my sofa a daily spray of Febreze to keep it fresh.

Bicarb your vases

Is there anything worse than the smell of old flower water? The backlog left after the death of your flowers is also annoying. Pour in baking powder and drizzle with white vinegar. Leave on for a few minutes, rinse and air dry.

Karate cuts your pillows

I had seen so many internal Instagram posts of pillows that were perfectly filled with a cutout at the top, and I remember thinking: "These pillows look pretty stylish. How can I get mine like this?

When I first saw the pillows shaped like this, it looked like they had been chopped with karate. So the sentence has stagnated since then!

I tried some of the pillows I had back then, but they wouldn't make pretty spikes, whatever I do. Then I realized that the pillows had to be in feather for it to work. If you have cotton wool, frankly you are full.

Madame Hinch produces perfectly filled pillows (photo) with a print in karate cut

Madame Hinch produces perfectly filled pillows (photo) with a print in karate cut

Empty your carpets (also below)

  • First turn your carpet over and vacuum the floor. It sounds crazy, I'm sure, but you won't believe how many things come out of the fibers!
  • Use a white cloth (carpets seem to transfer the color very easily) and let the entire cloth soak in your favorite upholstery cleaner. Make sure you test an area first.
  • Rub the fabric on your carpet, work in sections and rinse it out regularly. It's serious arm training, but trust me, it's worth it. Wipe the mat again with a new, rinsed cloth to remove product residue.
  • Tip: Make sure you have your favorite playlist in the background for this exercise. Rub in time, baby! Rub in time!
  • Then use a multi-purpose brush to revive the surface stack and bring the mat / carpet back to life. Let it air dry and ta-da! Finished!

Magic lanterns

My essentials

1. As all my Hinchers know, I am a big fan of melted wax [mini scented candles]! However, make sure that smoke and fire detectors are tested regularly. I wrote a monthly reminder on my phone so you never forget it.

2. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when using cleaning agents. I know my backhand is aware of this, but don't mix chemicals. It could be dangerous.

3. To avoid cross-contamination, color-code your clothes in different rooms. That way, you don't use the same Minkeh to clean the sink that you used for your toilet.

4. We do not want young hands to have access to Cliff the Cif [Cif Perfect FinishSteel Spray] and Zoflora. If you have young children, store your detergents high or use safety locks on cupboards.

5. Consider the safety of your pet when cutting. If it rains, I won't make the floor because my dog ​​Henry can't wait anywhere while it dries. It is also your home and we want our fur babies to be safe.

Tons of us have chandeliers or lanterns around our houses, so I wanted to make a Hinch lantern (mainly because I absolutely love them and I think they make the rooms so warm and comfortable).

First remove all dried wax residues with an old credit card. Press gently until it comes out. I tried cleaning the wax once while it was still in liquid form and it was terribly stained, so I would not recommend it.

To remove the rest of the residue from the candle, spray a little elbow grease degreaser and clean it with a Minkeh [Minky Antibacterial Cleaning Pad] or something else that has a slightly rough side.

Clean the top and inside of the flashlight. Mine always has some top and inner pet hair and lots of markings (how do they get there?). So wipe them clean with a sheet. If you go straight in and try to clean the glass or chrome, everything will likely get stained and you will only be cleaning the brothel.

Drizzle the white vinegar as a whole on the inside and outside. Wait, don't use your fabric yet. First, take absorbent paper and rub it. Now is the time for the rag. I use Kermit [a glass cloth and a minky window] and it really makes mine shine. Add fresh candles and you're done.

Don't forget the blind spot

They ask me a lot of questions about how I close the blinds. Cleaning the blinds may seem a bit difficult at first because they are delicate and fragile. However, here are some simple steps to make your job easier.

1. Close the ribbons and hit once with your favorite feather duster (also known as Dave). Then turn the slats in the other direction and repeat the process.

2. Add diluted Zoflora to dry absorbent paper and wipe again.

3. Let it dry.

Ms. Hinch recommends color-coded wipes when cleaning to avoid cross-contamination. Photo: Ms. Hinch's room

Ms. Hinch recommends color-coded wipes when cleaning to avoid cross-contamination. Photo: Ms. Hinch's room

See your reflection glow

I think the best way to make all reflective surfaces glow is to follow these simple steps.

  • Use a soft cloth to remove dust on the surface.
  • If you want, drizzle with Astonish Window & Glass or white vinegar.
  • Use a dry paper towel to dry.
  • Finish with our Kermit [Minky glass and window cloth].
  • Look at your thinking and think, "Wow, good job!"

counter

Don't forget these bad guys. You play it every day. You shouldn't use anything too wet as it is obviously electricity. Spray the diluted Zoflora mixture lightly on a microfiber cloth and then pat it dry.

Fine technical advice

You have to be nice to your TV. I recommend using Pledge Electronic Cleaning Wipes as they are obviously designed specifically for TVs. They are also great for computers, laptops and remote controls.

Cell phones

This thing is touched by your hands or ears all day. So show your love for cleanliness! You can use Pledge Electronic Cleaning Wipes or spray some diluted Zoflora on a dry paper towel and then reapply the front and back.

Persistent animal hair

This trick, especially if you have pets, will never disappoint. Simply slide a squeegee over carpets to pick up all of the old fibers, pet skins, hair and everyday dirt.

But don't do it too often, every two weeks is fine, otherwise your carpets will be damaged in the long run. None of us want bare carpets now, do we?

Clean clockwise

It is one of my favorite Hinch routines. The nice thing about clockwise cleaning is that you don't miss anything and don't feel too overwhelming.

Sometimes when you enter a room you can look and think, "There are too many things to do here, I will never finish it" and go out. However, if you enter a room with a cleaning basket full of important things, start from the left (it's 12 noon), walk through the room (1, 2, 3 hours) and then return to your starting point. After moving the room around, he knows that everything has been solved.

When I start a piece that feels a bit messy, I know that I will feel calmer in the end. It's like emptying my mind while doing another task. And I don't care if it's tragic, I'm so excited when I get to the end.

When I come to the ottoman in my living room, I know that I only have to do the lamp and the table and my job is done.

Hinch Yourself Happy Extract - The best cleaning tips to light up your sink and soothe your soul, published in a hardcover book by Michael Joseph for £ 12.99. © Madame Hinch, 2019.

Ms. Hinch: The little book of lists is now available from Michael Joseph for £ 12.99.

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire