4.10.2020

Corona virus seriously triggers my OCD

Obsessive-compulsive disorders are fueled by doubts and uncertainty. For many of us, compulsive behavior appears as the way our brain tries to ensure that the fears that haunt us don't come true. I was able to OCD after losing by controlling the therapy of speech and the newspaper . I realized that learning to deal with my obsessive-compulsive disorder was to acknowledge my concerns and not to raise them hard in response. Over the years, I've been more attuned to my triggers and can direct my energy to things that require my full attention, such as: B. Exercise , baking or going out. My daily deep cleansing was cooked weekly and then every two weeks. I was finally able to stretch it every three weeks. It was a relief.

Then the new coronavirus epidemic began.

Not surprisingly, this pandemic triggers my OCD.

Do you remember, as I mentioned, obsessive-compulsive disorder thrive on insecurity? Questions about this disease, the difficult economy and my personal financial concerns sparked my desire to clean up. I keep wondering if I'm cleaning enough, especially because of all the advice we have on disinfecting us and our homes often, even though my rational side tells me I'm starting to do too much cleaning again. I wonder if I have the right cleaning products and if I have enough to continue cleaning in the future. Before that, I hadn't stocked myself with detergents that went beyond my normal needs, and now they're much harder to find. Lie down on the fact that I have a school-age son and a husband who is much less germ-bearing than I am, and I've fought the urge to wash the walls with bleach. . (I did it and I do not recommend it).

Although this desire is uncomfortable, it is almost guaranteed for people with OCD under the circumstances. Managing obsessive-compulsive disorder is a lifelong journey that requires care, determination, and constant evaluation, says Yip, and certain emotional states can trigger symptoms . One is when you are completely overwhelmed and desperate, which certainly corresponds to today. The other is when you are under - whelmed and boring, which can also be the case if you are stuck in the house for the foreseeable future. When you are overwhelmed, your intellectual resources are taxed, making you unable to deal with your world more rationally. When you get bored, your mind can wander through horrible places.

The bottom line is that it makes perfect sense if you have an OCD that is more intense than normal. Therefore, do not have OCD and always feel a new fear of germs with the desire to clean them up or try to protect them in a way that you are rationally unsure because there are so many things we still do not know about the new corona says Yip. In any case, in this extremely triggering situation, you can also try to deal with new cravings and obsessive thoughts (and possibly obsessive-compulsive disorder). Here are Yip's suggestions.

1. Try signing in if you haven't already.

I love this tip. Through journaling, I found out how my emotions affect my actions. I will never forget the moment I confessed in my diary how tired I was to cleaning so much.

In the past, journaling has helped me decide whether my actions were justified or whether it was an obsessive-compulsive response that only calmed me down and made my disorder worse. It also gave me a non-judgmental space to get angry with people (or circumstances) and say exactly what I wanted because I was the only one to read it. I hope that can help me now. While knowing exactly what is reasonable in this situation can be difficult, journaling continues to help me understand my emotions. I can collect my thoughts and fears and realize that I am doing my best to be safe by following government instructions. It also helps me to become aware of my thinking process so that I know when my fears grow and an increased need for cleaning arises.

2. Write down all of your concerns for 15 minutes.

If you want to take your recording to a higher level (or if you have not found the recording to be very helpful in the past), try to do 15 minutes of what Yip calls the "time of concern". Write down your concerns for 15 minutes (physically if you can instead of writing them down). If you no longer have any concerns within 15 minutes, please write them down again. Outsourcing your concerns can result in something more tangible to deal with or solve, Yip says.

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire