4.26.2020

Taught by TikTok: Make your own batik sweatshirt for under $ 20

By the 1940s, I was completely immersed in the world of TikTok. Now that I have so much time, I have spent more time on the app than I realize.

TikTok is often referred to as Generation Z-only social media platform, and before the quarantine, only the bravest 20-year-olds dared to join. But the quarantine has turned things around, and now there's fun and creative content on the program for millennials (and even boomers) who sign up to see what it's about.

I resisted for months but gave in and believe me when I say it is too Simply scroll through the videos for hours.

TikTok is more than dancing Renegade or Hype House (just Google, if you don't know what it is, it's not a shame), the application is full of tricks, tips and suggestions. Since I downloaded it in late January, I've learned so much that it has made my life easier. This includes (but is not limited to) hair and makeup techniques, shopping recommendations, cleaning and organizing tips, DIY tricks, and more. When you are looking at my camera roll, every other object is a video that I recorded.

I fully understand those who don't download it, join the hype, or just aren't really on social media and another app. BUT I always wanted to share something that TikTok taught me, maybe in a more pleasant and less intimidating way than getting an account.

First things first: create your own welding set

You've probably seen her on your favorite Instagram influencers: a matching sweatshirt and pants. They are undoubtedly cute and modern, but at what price? In stores like Urban Outfitters, a matching sweatshirt and running pants can cost around $ 108 before shipping and taxes.

With hundreds of tutorials on the TikTok Sweat Tie Dye Set, I made mine for under $ 20.

WHAT YOU NEED

HOW TO DO

  1. First fold or twist the sweatshirt and sweatpants separately, as this would bind everything
  2. Attach with rubber bands that also help draw pictures (I folded in a few places to clarify the point)
  3. Wet the shirt and pants in the tub or sink (you can do this before attaching them)
  4. I put on gloves and poured bleach on the fabric (I did a lot in some places and less in others)
  5. Let stand for 10 to 20 minutes (I made 15)
  6. Remove the rubber band
  7. Wash and dry them

Ta-da! It is literally so. And at a time when we don't leave our homes unless absolutely necessary, who doesn't want a comfortable, modern sweatshirt to relax? Happy DIY!

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire