8.28.2020

5 Tips for Being a Homeschooling Expert Distance Learning Success

Due to the coronavirus, school districts are increasingly turning to distance learning this fall. Parents who are new to homeschooling may wonder how it will be for their family because every situation is different. Rebecca Spooner, a five-year-old mom at school, shares her top tips for successful distance learning - from finding balance to managing expectations, arranging your space and more. While these changes can be intimidating and unprecedented, Spooner assures us that at the end of the day you can be sure that you know your children better than anyone and that all they really need is "something." a safe environment in which to learn and grow. "

Video transcript

REBECCA SPOONER: Hello, my name is Rebecca Spooner. I am a home mother with five young children. I myself was home-schooled for most of my childhood. For anyone trying to surf their kids remotely or home school, let me share my top five tips to help you be as successful as possible.

The first tip is to adjust your expectations. Your children are at home and you can customize your school experience accordingly. You can make it more natural and organic. So I encourage you not to compare expectations with what you think, but really to take the time to find out how it will be for your family.

The second tip is that balance is a myth. Instead of seeing it that I have to balance everything perfectly now or on that day, see the balance as something bigger and try to achieve an overall balance instead of second by second. If you have that deadline to go to work, or if someone is sick or whatever situation, it will be the tipping point for a while. And you will get it back tomorrow or next week.

The third tip is that you will encounter obstacles. Waiting for you. Your children can wake up with a bad attitude. Maybe they run into an obstacle and don't understand something.

To go for a walk. Take a break. Don't insist because you are getting nowhere. Your kids won't suddenly understand this math concept if you hammer it a little harder.

You will need a little break. And when they come back, be it after a snack, a hike or whatever, it often suddenly clicks because the stress is gone.

Tip number four is routine about the schedule. Sit back and plan your time. At 7:15 am I'll have all the time before my kids wake up. But then the alarm goes off and you keep pressing the snooze button and suddenly everything goes out the window. And now my whole day is wasted

I really encourage you to establish a routine. When I wake up, I'll do it in any situation. And my children, when they wake up we have breakfast together and then read. An overview that now offers flexibility for obstacles that you know will arise.

Tip number five. I want to leave you something really practical and tangible. Many of you are trying to figure out how to configure this. I have a room in our home dedicated to our homeschooling experience.

I encourage you to get some sort of cart to put all of your pens, markers, scissors, and glue in, and we'll take it everywhere. So if we want to lie on the living room floor because it's warm and cozy, then we will. If you don't have room for a classroom at home, adapt. Because every situation is different.

So keep that in mind at the end of the day. You know your children. You can trust that. You can make mistakes. You will make mistakes. Your children will make mistakes.

But you will do the best you can and that is all you need. They need a safe environment in which to learn and grow. And I hope you have a great year.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire