8.16.2020

Product rating: Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish will make your exhaust tips like new.

If you are like most owners of a Corvette, it is one of the most important aspects of owning your car that you enjoy during (and after) the cleaning. Ever since I bought my Corvette a few years ago, I've been looking for the perfect cleaning products for every surface in my car. I researched the best waxes, polishes, glass cleaners, wheel cleaners , leather cleaners (and conditioners) , engine degreasers , etc. However, there is one area that many people (myself included) may have overlooked when investing in car maintenance: exhaust tips.

My 2013 Chevrolet Corvette has been used to test many high quality cleaning products.
My 2013 Chevrolet Corvette has been used to test many high quality cleaning products.

Part of my dilemma has always been trying to find a product that really works the way I want it to. I bought a handful of different metallic polishes that say "a shiny, shiny finish" . Unfortunately, these products either had less than desirable results or took a lot of work to actually get the job done. I'm not saying I haven't found a product that does the job. What do I want to say is that I was so far never impressed enough from one product to talk about it here.

That changed last week after I first tried Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish .

Polish mothers mag and aluminum
Polish mothers mag and aluminum

I'm sure many of you are probably laughing at me. What kind of "car boy" doesn't know anything about mother's mag & aluminum polish ? I can already hear the teasing. I do know though. I'm pretty aware that mom's business started selling the same email today . I also understand that many of their products, including all types of paints and waxes, are highly regarded (I have several) and used by auto enthusiasts around the world.

What I never considered was using Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish to clean my exhaust nozzles just because I didn't have any in my arsenal of detergents. In fact, while searching online for recommendations on how to clean my exhaust pipes , I came across Nut Polish ... and you 'd be surprised how many auto enthusiasts asked the exact same question as me. !

The exhaust tips on my 2013 Corvette coupe are due to normal driving (an average of 6,000 miles per year on this car).
The exhaust tips on my 2013 Corvette coupe are due to normal driving (an average of 6,000 miles per year on this car).

The truth is, unless you have lots of exposed chrome or aluminum surfaces on your car (like moldings, wheels, etc.), you've probably never spent much time checking out listings. Products that will best help you find your escape. Tips that look like your car are on display at SEMA .

After doing my homework, I decided to try out Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish . I bought a box of these online (you can order yours here) . When I arrived I read the relatively simple instructions and went to the garage to try. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I thought it would help loosen the carbon and road sand from the tips and improve the overall look of the exhaust, but nothing else.

I describe my Corvette and no, I don't always use my C7.R Corvette Racing gear when cleaning my car!
I describe my Corvette and no, I don't always use my C7.R Corvette Racing gear when cleaning my car!

When I got to work, I applied a small amount of Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish to the first of the four tips with a microfiber cloth and started working the polish in circular motions, slowly circling it. decrease from the top until you have applied a decent layer over the entire surface. Then I continued working on the glaze according to the instructions, adding small amounts over time until the glaze turned a flat gray color. Once the surface was evenly covered and the product was still damp (this is important) I took a second microfiber cloth and started stripping the remaining polish off the nozzle. tired

Let me tell you, I let out an audible "wow" when I saw the freshly polished surface. The tip of the exhaust, which had been a combination of matte gray and black (carbon exhaust), now shone like a mirror. This is the cleanest thing I can remember since I bought the car! What made it even more impressive (at least to me) was that it took minimal effort to achieve a high gloss. I didn't work on that first exhaust tip for more than 5 minutes, using a little more pressure than normal while applying and removing the polish.

After a little effort and a small amount of Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish, here is the result of my efforts.
After a little effort and a small amount of Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish, here is the result after my first test with the exhaust tips.

I quickly polished the inside of the first exhaust nozzle. It had noticeably more layers of carbon on its inner surface. Although it takes a little more effort than the look, the results are the same. I quickly finished the other end of the first muffler, then moved on to the other pair of end caps and cleaned them up as well. When I finished , my Corvette looked like it had just installed a new exhaust system (or at least new mufflers).

The freshly polished exhaust tips of my 2013 Corvette.
The freshly polished exhaust tips of my 2013 Corvette.

After I have used this product for the first time, there is no doubt that I will continue to use, not only on my 2013 Corvette, but also on all my other vehicles. (From mother's website): "The secret formula combines vibrant gloss with ease of use for aluminum wheels and vehicle trim and accessories including stainless steel, brass and other alloys. . The application is just a question of a clean cloth and a little effort. Mag & Aluminum Polish is strong enough to shine even the most neglected auto metals and smooth enough for regular use. ""

For anyone looking for an exceptional yet affordable polish for chrome, aluminum, stainless steel or many other finished metal surfaces, Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish is definitely the answer. I plan to go under the Corvette this week to polish the rest of the exhaust and see how well it works there ... I'll be posting updated photos on our Facebook page.

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish brought the shine out in my exhaust tips!
Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish made my exhaust tips shine. NOTE: The varnish was removed from the back divider and the divider cleaned after taking this photo. However, as it was losing light, this photo was selected for the article.

If you've used Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish we'd love to see your before and after photos too. You can send me an e gladly mail to [email protected] Send or pictures on our Facebook page post, which can be found by clicking here.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire