9.03.2020

How to Build a Timeless Wardrobe: My 4 Tips from the Fashion Editor

While we are in the middle of a nearly five month long public health pandemic, it seems unimportant to me to think about what clothes I may or may not wear in my closet. But we all particularly deserve a little grooming these days, and lately I've found peace in thoroughly cleaning my closet and learning how to build a timeless closet .

Even fashion writers are guilty of looking at the perfect wardrobe and feeling like "they have nothing to wear". I am the kid on the poster. In the past I've turned to what I call "easy wear" (items that you can easily put on that make a complete look on their own): dresses, rompers, and overalls. Additionally, I am often drawn to a range of prints and colors that don't have the greatest versatility or potential to mix and match. Thanks to Instagram (especially minimalist but trending influencers like Charlotte Emily Sanders , Amy Lefevre, and Josefine HJ ), over the past few months I've focused on creating an intentional and timeless wardrobe by collecting pieces that I can better combine.

The arrival of fall and a host of new trends provide the perfect opportunity to re-evaluate your wardrobe and incorporate non-seasonal pieces that will allow you to easily handle fall with layers and then undress for the coming spring. . In addition to a wardrobe that I can combine for days, one of my favorite things about classic dress is that a clean, bespoke outfit looks classy, ​​even if you're on a budget. Below are some of my own tips to help you move your wardrobe from a capsule of one-of-a-kind clothes to a selection of timeless clothes to wear this year, next, and years to come. Come.

We only include products that are independently selected by the editors of The Zoe Report. However, we may receive some of the sales when you purchase a product through a link in this article.

Tips for a timeless wardrobe: tops that you can combine

For me, an important factor in maintaining a simple wardrobe is to avoid things that are too trendy or are just colors and patterns that I won't wear. not much. (Trust me, it's not always easy, I'm two seconds away from the temptation of those psychedelic Fenty leggings .) Too many times, for example, I've needed a plain white top for everyday wear and I don't have it even though I'm maybe 20 Have color styles that I don't need.

Investing in the essentials in colors that can be mixed and matched any time of the year is the easiest way to stretch a wardrobe for miles, even if you don't have a wide range of choices. Going back to basics doesn't necessarily mean striving for the pleasure of getting dressed. Consider adding a few highlights like broad shoulders and cool fabrics (I like the wide range of leather pieces best at the moment).

Tips for a timeless wardrobe: classic trousers

Daniel Zuchnik / Getty Images Entertainment / Getty Images

Much of my desire to rename my wardrobe, so to speak, can be traced back to the fact that I opened my eyes to an often overlooked key ingredient: a good rotation of pants without jeans. I prefer high-waisted cuts that elongate my legs and make a crop top look a little more elegant. Lately I've gotten interested in a straight leg silhouette that was inspired by the 90s. The use of leather, linen or wool in a neutral or earthy color palette creates space for variety through unique silhouettes.

Tips for a timeless wardrobe: essential shoes

Building a repertoire of timeless shoes was a step ahead of me, as black and neutral styles go with anything and my closet is full of them. Vary the height of your heels and look for shoes that are ideal for more than one occasion. I don't do much of what I call dinner heels, styles that are so uncomfortable that I only wear them on occasions that are almost full, like dinner. Mules are comfortable and go with everything from dresses to jeans, and I don't know about you, but I'm a girl all year round if the shoe suits me.

Tips for a timeless wardrobe: versatile accessories

Melody Jeng / Getty Images Entertainment / Getty Images

When it comes to dressing timelessly and creating a classic look, accessories can play a huge role in instantly enhancing your look. One of my favorite jewelry trends , and I'll stick with this forever, is gold, on gold ... on gold. Another booming trend, pearl trimmings, is making a comeback in a fun and youthful way and is suitable for modern style.

Similarly, classic bag styles with a modern twist have been introduced in recent years: Bottega Veneta's pouch and quilted cassette, Staud's moon bag and Telfar's most popular shopping bag are included. And although I can not deny that I want to do something fun (I have recently completed a Jacquemus Le Chiquito bag in my small bag collection taken up, but it was very good to me please ), I am still aware that I get colors that I can grab on my travels. As with the different sizes of shoe heels, you should vary your handbags between bag, shoulder bag, and clutch to create a must have for every special occasion.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire