9.21.2020

The powerful combination of 15 minute wins and the one box method for your cleanest home ever

If there is one truth about wellness, there is always something new to discuss. In order to get you a seat in the front row, Well + Good introduces industry experts, accomplished entrepreneurs and healthy celebrities with monthly discussions on current topics. More information

The hardest part of organizing is knowing where to start. There always seem to be dozens of different areas that need your attention and it is very easy to get overwhelmed and put off. In the latest Well + Good lecture "From home gyms to homemade meals: How our four walls became our world of wellbeing", organization expert Shira Gil shared her quick tips for a cleaning routine. 20 minutes to help her stay organized, especially now that she's spending more time at home.

"At the beginning [of the pandemic], my husband stopped working full time in an office and came home for dinner in the evening, then was home all the time doing all of his activities. professional, "says Gill. Living in an old house with limited storage space meant everything from her husband's headphones to his notebooks were scattered throughout the house. "And since I also from home to work and we have two children that make distance learning, it seemed to me as a person who likes little space, unbearable."

To organize himself, he began to follow the box method. "I looked around our house and found a large container that was not being used and said to my husband, 'You have to put all of your work in this container. When not in use. And at the end of the day, before we sit down for dinner, anything work-related can be thrown away, "he says. "Since we don't have a home office, he wanted a home and a place for his belongings anyway, so he took it over. He also says that it is easier for him to find his things because they are all in one place.

If your organizational problems are little more than a box can handle, start with "15 Minute Profit". "When my customers feel overwhelmed, I challenge them by saying, 'I know it looks like a mountain, but let's set a timer and keep going a little bit,' he says. "And I think that getting started is usually the biggest hurdle. The trick is to get your brain to say, "Oh, okay, I can do something for 15 or 20 minutes." »Just set a timer for 15 to 20 minutes and see how much cleaning you can do. And when you're there it's usually easy to take that momentum and move on if you want.

Bonus: You can apply this trick to other parts of your life where you hesitate. He discovered it while preparing a keynote address.

"I was very nervous and kept postponing the keynote and not writing it," says Gill. "The event was getting closer and closer and I was getting more and more scared. And one day a little voice appeared in my head and said, "Work 15 minutes. See what you can do. And there was something about that simple idea ... I sat down to write and kept writing, and 15 minutes turned into hours, and when I started I didn't. I couldn't stop myself.

For more advice from Gill and other in-house experts, see the in-depth discussion below:

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire