3.11.2023

The amazing tool that makes meal prep (and cleanup) easier - The Kitchn

We select these products independently. If you buy through one of our links, we may receive a commission. All prices correct at time of publication.

I've been really enjoying salads lately. I'm going to make a large batch of my favorite 10-Minute Mediterranean Tuna Salad on a Sunday, store it in a large glass container, and then eat it for lunch and dinner for a couple of days. I prepared and stored this particular salad in Pyrex bowls with lids (I like to use fewer plates whenever I can). While the bowls work well, until now I hadn't found a perfect solution for easily storing lettuce leaves that can get soggy if you make them ahead of time.

The Pyrex Beyond Jars set solved my problem. Each set comes with two 32-ounce jars with screw top lids, naturally designed for a quarter cup of salad dressing. The idea is to keep the main salad ingredients separate to prevent them from getting soggy and without the inconvenience of using an entirely separate container. I love that the containers are made of glass , which is so much easier to clean and doesn't pick up odors or stains like other food containers.

I tested my Beyond Jar with a prepackaged salad from Trader Joe's . The 32-ounce size was perfect for all the veggies, plus some dressings (mine came with dried apples, walnuts, and cheese, which I layered on top of the tossed salad). The lid also easily contained all the dressing. It was so easy to pop the container in the fridge and serve the salad as a side to whatever I was cooking. The container and lid are dishwasher safe, making washing up a breeze when you're done.

With the jars, I plan to easily transport salads to others' homes for dinner or as a convenient and healthy lunch at the office. Simply top the veggies with your favorite toppings, then add your dressing! You can also create an Energy Bowl with your favorite grains, veggies and proteins and add your choice of sauce to the lid, or make pasta and microwave in the glass container. The jars are leak-proof, so you don't have to worry about spills when carrying them through your bag.

If you need fewer (or smaller) portions, the jars also come in a 16-ounce size; As a bonus, all of the lids fit 16- and 32-ounce jars, so you don't have to mix them up. Alternatively, check out the Pyrex MealBox , which looks a bit like a glass bento box (and also comes with the nifty lid compartment for sauce or dressing).

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire