3.31.2023

Uni Restoring Hand Wash moisturizes the skin - Well+Good

With the Well+Good SHOP, our editors use their years of experience to curate products — from skincare to body care and more — that they're sure you'll love. Although our editors independently select these products, a purchase made through our links may earn Well+Good a commission. Good buy! Discover the STORE

Flashback to New Year's Day 2020... My resolution for this year was to reduce my use of single-use plastics . And then something happened if you remember. We were catapulted into a global pandemic and suddenly my "goal" of not using plastic bottles seemed naïve and took a back seat to more pressing issues like preventing or spreading disease. But we've come a long way and being a conscious consumer is definitely one of my priorities.

Brands love to throw around the term "sustainable" so much that after a while it almost loses all meaning. Like "organic," "natural," and "clean," "sustainable" is a word that can be ambiguous and vague. One of the best ways to determine how durable a brand really is is to always read the fine print. Spend more time in the FAQ section of a brand's website. The most legitimate will answer questions about how the brand calculates its carbon footprint, where its ingredients are sustainably sourced, how they offset shipping costs, and more.

One brand that's been on my radar for a while is Uni . It is a refillable personal care line dedicated to environmental concerns such as protecting our oceans. All ingredients in Uni products are certified reef safe, which means they are not harmful on land or sea once washed into water bodies.

And of course the packaging is crucial. The aluminum bottles are refillable, so when you've used up a bottle of product, simply send it back to the uni to be refilled and then put back in the dispenser, or you can recycle via curbside recycling. . Their latest product (launched in February) is Restoring Hand Wash ($31) , which intrigued me the most since I'm a bit of a hand soap fan; I know soap is kind of oddly specific in what you really like, but what can I say?

An honest uni review on handwash recovery

Now let's move on to the actual review of the product. The packaging is very clean and minimalistic. One problem I always have with rechargeable products is that they claim to be simple, but actually you basically have to be a NASA engineer to put them together. Unis hand wash that you can prepare while you sleep. Simply remove the cap from the refillable bottle and screw it onto the dispenser until it clicks into place.

As for the actual formula? It is a gel that transforms into a creamy mousse with ingredients such as Australian Kakadu Plum and a blend of marine active ingredients that moisturize and nourish the skin. I have naturally dry skin, but my hands tend to get extra dry, especially after long car rides in the LA sun. People don't realize it, but even through the windshield, your hands are directly exposed to the sun on long drives.

W+G Editorial Trade Director Gina Vaynshteyn tried the Restoring Hand Wash and was also completely impressed. "From the Dial hand soap, which I love but it dries!, to the Uni soap, it's like night and day. I didn't have any expectations because it's just...soap," she shares. "But I could immediately see the difference: the formula is strong enough to leave your hands squeaky clean, but after wiping them with a towel you feel like you've also applied hand cream. I use less hand cream at night now. because the skin on my hands feels so soft all the time."

But what I like most about the Uni Hand Soap is the scent. When it comes to bath and body products, fragrance is very important to me. I've used shampoos that weigh my hair down simply because I love the scent. The scent is very light but tart, not too sweet. I'm not a fan of floral hand soaps or citrusy scents (they always remind me of cleaning products). The scent of Uni is so fragrant and yet natural.

Now the price. It should be noted that being a conscious consumer and prioritizing sustainability is a certain privilege. Durable products are more expensive and require more time (bottle return, etc.) than their plastic counterparts. Uni's hand soap is $31 for the bottle and dispenser set and $28 for the refill. If it's not financially viable for you at the moment, that's completely understandable. But if you're looking for an entry point to reduce your carbon footprint and protect our oceans (and you can swing the price!), uni is a great place to start.

Our editors independently select these products. A purchase through our links may generate a commission for Well+Good.

Try Adblock (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire