3.16.2020

I've been a housekeeper for years, I know about you

Wondering how much (and how often) you should tip?

Money in a hotel bed Jupiterimages / Getty Images

People who tipped every day left a dollar, and that made me happy. But those were people who were there for several nights. I think if you stay in a hotel for several days a dollar or two a day would be good, but if you are only there for a day or if you tip when paying, more than a few dollars would be nice and much appreciated.

We were assigned the same rooms in the hotel where I worked, which helped us get to know our customers better when we met them. This would probably add to our advice as opposed to someone cleaning different rooms every day. Since I was cleaning the same rooms every day, I agreed to tip each day or only when I checked out. I appreciate every tip. But if I had to clean different rooms, I would prefer a tip every day. Once and for all, this is the amount you should give to cleaning staff .

But we really appreciate your advice (especially since they are rare)

A dollar bill on a wooden desk close up CiydemImages / Getty Images

I think tipping is more of a cultural issue since the hotel I worked in was part of an incredibly popular tourist attraction in the U.S. and we had people from all over the world there and I noticed people from certain parts of the world you get in usually tips. While guests from other parts of the world have not changed at all. The best jumps seem to come from Asian and European countries. People from other regions, including the United States, did not tip. Some customers leave a tip every day, some only on the day of departure and others not. Most of the time I didn't tip. Trash cans were a minority of customers. When I received tips, I was very grateful. Read our full guide to get the right tip every time .

We review your articles and draw conclusions

Shampoo, soap and liquid. Toiletries, spa kit, towels EasterBunnyUK / Getty Images

Aside from that, when I saw items like high-end branded luggage, high-end skin care products, and expensive branded dishes and snacks, I think they were probably rich. If a guest had generic branded foods, he didn't necessarily assume he was poor, but he probably likes to save money, which I do. Discover the 21 secrets that hotels don't tell you for free.

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire