3.28.2020

Meet the woman who removed her pain and became the cleaning queen.

Meet the woman who removed her pain and became the cleaning queen.

After a really heartbreaking discovery that tore Lynsey Crombie apart, she found her therapy at home. Now that her passion for cleaning has made her the queen of television and social media, the queen of cleaning. She tells Julia Llewellyn Smith how the fat from her elbow saved her

Lynsey is wearing a sweater and shoes, Next. Rock, ghost

Lynsey is wearing a sweater and shoes, Next. Rock, ghost

Lynsey Crombon's independent home in an attractive suburb of Peterborough cannot possibly appear flawless. Windows flickers and I can see my face reflected in the bright kitchen tables. I'm nervous to sit down if I spoil them with their pillows full. "Should I take off my shoes?" I ask

"It's not necessary!" Lynsey answers. "I cleaned the floor twice today. It is only 1 p.m.

Known as the cleaning queen, Lynsey, 41, is a "clean influencer", one of the new women storming social media, financially clean ... to get rid of her literally. They give tips on dusting, cleaning toilets and brightening up your goals.

With 179,000 followers on Instagram, regular appearances this morning on ITV, and two books in his name, Lynsey, who became famous for littering batteries, is forced into channel 4 obsessive cleaners, as she says, "in a very wise career". But the passion for cleanliness that brought her here comes from a very dark place.

Lynsey's obsession with cleanliness began 17 years ago after the terrible discovery that her new husband was a pedophile. The trauma brought her to premature labor with the twins she was carrying. During the night she became a single mother with two babies in a special care unit.

"I was shocked, then the lightening started," she says. "He was like a madman; I took a bottle of bleach and poured it everywhere, especially what my husband had touched, along my arms to wash away the pain it had caused me. I felt absolutely gross.

Lynsey, who was 25 at the time, knew the man she would not call for a little over a year. They met when she lived in Kingston, Surrey and worked in marketing. He was seven years older and held a management position in a multinational company.

"I was young and vulnerable. He was handsome, had an incredible career, a big house and a lot of money. I thought he'd landed on his feet, "she says, sitting in her immaculate living room with her Cockerpoo Hetty by her side (" It's only allowed on the couch because it's supposed to be treated "). "She was an ambitious girl and it took a lifetime."

They were married a year after their meeting. At the wedding, her sister took Lynsey aside and asked, "Do you know he's in prison?" When her new husband told Lynsey that he had served a sentence for fighting in a nightclub, she replied, "Look, children can be stupid, everyone has a past, I don't care." Lynsey says: "My sister-in-law turned and left. Obviously she wanted to warn me, but she didn't do a very good job!"

Soon after their marriage, the couple moved to Newcastle to do their husband's job. "In retrospect, I did strange things: I woke up in the middle of the night and found him in his office. He was at his computer and when he saw me, he literally unplugged all cables to keep me from seeing what he was doing did.

One night when Lynsey was 28 weeks pregnant, the police knocked on the door.

They came in and broke everything. They had an arrest warrant for my husband and took him away and said, "What did he do?" But they couldn't tell me.

Lynsey desperately went to her parents' house nearby. "Finally, her mother told me what she had done. I found out that he was in prison twice. I was so surprised that I started working immediately. Without a special care unit for premature babies in Newcastle, Lynsey and her daughters Olivia and Mollie were brought to the Edinburgh hospital. "It was very tactile and we went. Mollie was particularly sick and in oxygen supply hoses. He went in and out of the hospital like a yo-yo. The device was a very sterile place: you always had to wash your hands, which fueled my obsession.

Olivia was allowed to return after six weeks. Mollie followed him a few weeks later, but had to go everywhere with an oxygen canister attached. Lynsey was isolated and still too shocked to tell her family and friends what had happened. She went to the shops every day to buy cleaning supplies. On the way home, she desperately cleaned until all the goods were sold out.

`` There was this aggressive scrubbing because I had a lot of pain inside and lived off the bread line, so all I could do was stay home and clean up. ''

Finally she told her family what had happened, and her father took her and the girls to the family home in Peterborough, where she spent the next few months sharing the small guest room with the children. Twins and a huge oxygen tank. "I was 25 years old and felt that my life was over: my children were bad, my marriage had died and I had no career or money."

But he soon found an apartment nearby because his father had paid the rent for the first six months to get him back on his feet. "The social services have always visited me and congratulated me on how perfect everything was in the department. how well it was organized. It really inspired me and helped me regain trust.

"I was so ashamed of what had happened to me. I got some advice, but it didn't do anything: what worked for me was rubbing. But I quickly realized that I was young, a mother, and that I couldn't allow what had happened to shape the rest of my life. I could have been treasurer, living like a pig, and seeing my children grow terribly. But I thought, "I won't let myself be defined by what this man has defined." Overall, I had only known him for two years and before that there had been many good things in my life. I decided that a lot more would come. ""

Lynsey found work as a receptionist in a general practitioner's office, where she met her second husband Rob, then a medical representative who now works for a large pharmaceutical company. She texted him and when he agreed, she texted him again and said, "PS, I have twins, I'm getting divorced and my life is a mess, are you coming? '' "I thought he would say no and get me out of there, but he said yes again!" I think he was so ashamed of what he had experienced that he didn't want anyone to love me.

"I was a mother. I couldn't allow what happened to shape my whole life."
"I was a mother. I couldn't allow what happened to shape my whole life."

"I was a mother. I couldn't allow what happened to shape my whole life. ''

At the beginning of their relationship, Lynsey admits, "I was a terrible person. He used to scream and say Rob such nasty things; I even took him to the police station to check the criminal record. I can't believe he stayed with me.

But Rob escaped and two years later they had a son, Jake, who is now 14 years old. As a baby, Lynsey, who didn't want to leave him in the nursery, did a cleaning job in a nursing home where older residents liked to share his good cleaning tips with her. He soon had customers all over the neighborhood. "Cleaning is the perfect job for mothers: you can choose your hours and your customers. It is good, honest work and excellent practice. I didn't have to go to the gym. And I liked it. Lynsey was also working on advertising space for a local magazine when one day an Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners researcher asked about dirty houses for the show. Lynsey explained her background and signed up. Within a few weeks, he traveled across the country to rebuild some of Britain's dirtiest houses for cameras. "In a country house, I went on a mat and fell through the hole that covered the floor.

Lynsey discovered Instagram four years ago after her daughters asked her to register. "I had never heard of them before, but I left them on the condition that I follow them and not be blocked."

Lynsey originally posted photos of family life to her new account. "But one day I washed the floor and it was very well done. I had a bottle of Zoflora disinfectant, so I put it on the floor and took a photo, more for my pleasure than anything else, and posted it on Instagram #nettoyage - Les Filles had learned on hashtag. ''

Lynsey had 40 subscribers, but the post attracted 190 likes. "It depends," he said. He continued to publish cleanup plans and had 7,000 subscribers within six months. At that point, he started contacting brands and asking them to advertise their products. `` At that time, nobody else cleaned up on Instagram. They offered me £ 100 to advertise a mop and I thought "Wow!" ""

Lynsey this morning with Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby
Steal with her husband

Left: Lynsey this morning with Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby. Right: with her husband Rob

Today Lynsey can order thousands of books for sponsored items. "It was a whirlwind for the little me who put my hand in the bathroom," he laughs. But when it comes to cleaning products, he tends to prefer an outdated approach that uses the traditions of his old job in a nursing home. Her favorite products are lemon juice and vinegar.

"You really don't even have to go to the grocery store cleanup, there are so many things you can do with a lemon," she says.

"I really like the idea of ​​getting people on time when things are much easier."

Lynsey now says that her obsession with cleanliness has "subsided". Although he always seems crazy to me, he gets up at 5:30 a.m. every morning to do his job. "Today at 8 a.m. I had a vacuum cleaner and polished and I made the bathrooms; There are two pasta dishes in the oven so we're all ready for later.

Dress, Zara

Dress, Zara

She doesn't know what happened to her ex-husband, who was sentenced to Durham prison on time. The twins, who were registered in the child protection register up to the age of seven, do not know their identity, but have studied the child protection reports of the case, which are kept in a box in the attic. "They're great kids, I'm glad their father didn't win."

Lynsey is now proud to have steered her trauma into a booming career. In addition to social media, books and television appearances, he is launching a new range of vacuum cleaners and cleaning products. Occasionally, he also does cleaning work for the council. "You have to keep it real because Instagram stuff is a bubble that can explode at any time," she says.

She's so busy, did you think you were using a cleaner? "No way!" calls the cleaning queen. "Nobody will meet my standards.

Simple Life: Publishing Introducing Welbeck's Fast Ways To Clean And Manage Your Home All Year Round by Lynsey Crombie on April 2nd for £ 14.99.

To order a copy for £ 11.99 (20% off) with free postage by April 30th, visit mailshop.co.uk or call 01603 648155.

  • @lynsey_queenofclean
  • Queenofclean.blog
  • Style: Holly Coopey. Make-up: Nadira V Persaud with PUR cosmetics. Hair: Alex Szabo in Carol Hayes. Lynsey wears: jacket and pants, Theory, from Selfridges. Sweaters, brands and spencer. Shoes, Yuul Yie, from farfetch.com
  • Krone and Vacuum, theme dealer

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire