3.05.2020

Let us call it the clear line: MBTA has set itself the goal of disinfecting buses and trains in order to combat the corona virus

The MBTA will disinfect buses and wagons more often due to concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.

The authorities announced on Wednesday that the agency would improve the cleanliness of the entire public transport system and encouraged cyclists to take care of their personal hygiene.

Over a million trips are made with the T every day. Travelers often spread out during rush hour. Handrails are shared when people try to hold on during a trip. Therefore, germs have a good chance of spreading.

Steve Poftak, CEO of MBTA, said the agency will install hand sanitizers in its facilities and speed up station cleaning.

"All contact areas where people touch, such as railings, handrails and tariff equipment, are cleaned every four hours," said Poftak.

The agency will also disinfect all of its buses, subways and other vehicles.

"We will switch to a protocol where we disinfect every vehicle every day," said Poftak. "We currently have enough equipment to do this on the commuter train. We hope to be able to do this through the system by the end of this week: buses, subways, and vehicles. Customized transportation."

Some brokers are already taking their own precautions.

"I have improved the hygiene of my hands. I usually try to wash my hands every time I reach my goal after taking the T," said graduate student Scott Donahue-Martens. Park Street and Wollaston Station on Wednesday. "I also cleaned my phone a lot more because I know that I usually hang something up with the T and then touch my phone, so I don't want to increase my risk of anything coming out."

Donahue-Martens hopes that other brokers will also contribute.

"I definitely hope someone with flu or flu-like symptoms stays at home and doesn't take the T and help everyone by not making everyone sick," said Donahue-Martens.

Sengin Holland travelers said that those who smell should pay more attention to other passengers.

"Definitely avoid coughing and the like, cover your mouth, it would be great because I see it all the time and think, 'OK, I'll get away from you now,'" said Holland. who uses public transportation every day to get from Lynn to his customer service job in Quincy.

Holland said he also took personal precautions.

"I keep rubbing alcohol in my backpack [and] I do my best to avoid hitting things on the train," said Holland.

Some cyclists who are concerned about the corona virus even say that they wear gloves during their trip.

Others are not so worried about the corona virus.

"From what I've heard, I feel that the sample size is fairly small and most people, like the elderly, succumb to the disease or are already predisposed to the disease," said Kimberlee Manora, who runs the day all day "So I'm not really worried at the moment."

Regardless of whether you are concerned about the corona virus or not, when you assemble the T, you can expect more signs to remind cyclists to be careful with their personal hygiene.

Meanwhile, public health officials continue to say that the risk of coronavirus infection remains low in Massachusetts.

Let's block the ads! (Why?)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire